Audio By Carbonatix
Tokyo Olympics' creative chief has resigned after suggesting that a female comedian could appear as an "Olympig", in the latest setback for the Games.
Hiroshi Sasaki said plus-size entertainer Naomi Watanabe could wear pig ears at the opening ceremony.
He later apologised and admitted his remarks were "a huge insult" to her. Ms Watanabe has yet to respond.
The incident comes after ex-Games president Yoshiro Mori was forced to quit for making sexist remarks.
"There was a very inappropriate expression in my ideas and remarks," Mr Sasaki said in a statement released through the Games organising committee. "I sincerely apologise to her and people who have felt discomfort with such content."

Ms Watanabe, 33, is one of Japan's most famous comedians, and is known for her celebrity impersonations and body positivity advocacy work.
In recent years she has spearheaded a body positive movement called "pochakawaii", which translates to "chubby and cute", and in 2014 she started one of Japan's first brands to offer plus-size clothing.
Mr Sasaki, 66, who is in charge of the Olympic opening and closing ceremonies, had made the suggestions involving Watanabe last year via a group chat on messaging app Line. The proposal was immediately rejected by his colleagues, who told him it was inappropriate.
His resignation came shortly after weekly magazine Shukan Bunshun reported his remarks on Wednesday.
Organisers have said that current Games president Seiko Hashimoto plans to address the matter at a news conference on Thursday.
Former Olympian and Japan's ex-Olympics minister Ms Hashimoto was appointed Games president last month after Mr Mori sparked backlash when he said that women talk too much. He also said that meetings with many female board directors would "take a lot of time".
Since taking on the role, Ms Hashimoto has pledged to make gender equality a top priority at the Games, adding 12 female directors to the organising committee's executive board.
Latest Stories
-
Dorimon E-Block project nears completion after decade-long stall
4 hours -
GTA 6 leaks – a nightmare or a blip for the biggest video game of the year?
4 hours -
Two injured in stabbing attack at Canada Sikh temple
5 hours -
Modi spent years building his strong image – why is he making Gen Z reels now?
5 hours -
Canada ‘should fight’ as US trade deadline looms, Manitoba premier says
5 hours -
Man Utd agree £70m fee for Brighton’s Baleba
5 hours -
Inter-Agency Football Gala: YEA organize event as part of National Youth Month celebration
5 hours -
Receiver fights High Court order to hand over No.1 Oxford Street Hotel to Cheddar’s company
6 hours -
Partey begins new chapter in Saudi Arabia with Al Shabab
6 hours -
NSMQ 2026: St. Francis Xavier deny debutants Pentecost SHS one-eighth spot
6 hours -
One killed in sword attack at Swedish school
6 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tamale SHS sweep aside Kalpohin, Wenchi Methodist to reach one-eighth stage
6 hours -
Tupac murder accused told police in 2008 his nephew fired fatal shots
6 hours -
Heart of the Beast to Practical Magic 2: 10 of the best films to watch this September
7 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tears of relief as Labone SHS survive Notre Dame Sem. in thriller to secure one-eighth spot
7 hours