Audio By Carbonatix
The Former President of South Africa, Nelson Mandela, has extended a special invitation to the Black Stars of Ghana at his home for an interaction on Saturday July 3.
The Black Stars are the sole survivors for Africa at the ongoing FIFA World cup in South Africa following the exit of the other five nations.
The Black Stars became the third African Nation after Cameroon and Senegal to make it to the quarter finals in the history of the World Cup.
In the wake of their success so far at the tournament, Mandela is said to be impressed with the team’s performance and has therefore invited the team to visit him in Cape Town.
In an interview with Citi FM the Minister of Youth and Sports, Akua Sena Dansua, who confirmed the news said the Black Stars would be transported to Cape Town in a chartered flight organized by authorities of Port Elizabeth.
“I am informed that the municipality of Port Elizabeth has offered to bring the Black Stars to Cape Town on Saturday where they would have an interaction with the former President of South Africa, Mr Nelson Mandela”.
The sports minister also revealed that the ruling ANC in South Africa has also invited the Black Stars on Thursday July 1 for a presentation.
“We understand also that the ANC has also invited the Stars for a presentation on Thursday but we don’t know whether it is in the form of a citation or cash”
Meanwhile several South African provinces have also announced that their citizens should from today, Thursday June 30, wear the national colours of Ghana to support the Black Stars in their quarter final match against Uruguay on Friday July 2.
Source: Citifmonline
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Absence of substantive Defence Minister a strategic risk – Amankwa-Manu
3 minutes -
CDD reports tangible fall in cost of living during first year of Mahama administration
14 minutes -
Protest is not petty politicking – Cocoa farmers urge gov’t to heed their demands
17 minutes -
Government has turned around agriculture in one year – Otokunor
18 minutes -
Deputy Finance Minister praises GRA after intercepting 12 transit trucks; over GH¢85m revenue at risk
22 minutes -
‘Stability built on a fragile foundation’ — CDD warns in Mahama first-year economic review
23 minutes -
Government pledges to de-risk investment in tree crop sector
38 minutes -
Jinapor challenges Ablakwa over Addis Ababa Chancery claims
41 minutes -
COCOBOD Board waives sitting allowances to support sector reforms
1 hour -
Agri-Impact Group Founder Daniel Acquaye appointed Chairman of CSIR–Crops Research Institute board
2 hours -
Gold Fields Ghana gifts Mehuntem Community with 40,000-litre water system
2 hours -
King Charles’ brother, Andrew arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office as King says ‘law must take its course’
2 hours -
CDD calls for independent anti-corruption commission in the one-year review of Mahama administration
2 hours -
Ecobank rewards over 4,000 customers in ‘5-Star Enjoyment’ Promo grand finale in Kumasi
2 hours -
Police arrest alleged drug kingpin in Bono Region narcotics operation
2 hours
