The Controller and Accountant-General’s Department (CAGD) has suspended payment of September 2022 salaries to some public sector workers.
The decision, the CAGD said is due to a mismatch of the bank names of the affected government workers on the payroll system and also invalid bank account numbers.
A letter sighted by JoyNews, indicates that the CAGD made the announcement on October 3 after a “quality assurance and other validation processes” were carried out.
It advised affected employees with mismatched bank names to report to the payroll coordination unit of CAGD at Block A, Room 32 with documents under a cover from the MDA confirming that they are at post.
The required documents include; an appointment letter, current posting letter, National Identification card, Pay-slips for the last 3 months and a voided cheque leaflet of their bank account.
“For employees with invalid bank account numbers, they are supposed to submit their correct account numbers to the PPSs for update”, the letter added.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- NPP directs party flags to fly at half-mast to mourn Philip Basoah
- Highlights of #SportsZone on JoyPrime: Monday, March 27, 2023
- ECG disconnects 3 blocks at Osu Police Barracks over power theft
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- Drug addiction is a spiritual thing – Noah King
- Jr NBA: US Second Gentleman conducts all girls’ basketball clinic in Accra
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Ghana Institution of Engineering opens 53rd Conference in Takoradi
- Shop owners at Kejetia Market protest closure
- Sarkodie takes daughter Titi on an adventure
- 8 die on River Oti due to capsized boat
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Afriyie Barnieh, Issahaku and Nuamah start for Black Meteors against Algeria
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor eulogises late Kumawu MP, Philip Basoah
- Build partnerships to increase digital inclusion – Kamala Harris
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah