Adom FM/TV presenter Nana Osei Ampofo Adjei has opened up on a strange disease that almost killed him during his childhood.
This he revealed on Adom TV’s M’ashyase3 happened when he was about age nine and living with his parents at Asante Mampong where he spent most of his life.
Recounting this difficult phase of his life, Ampofo Adjei said it all started after he slept in a neighbour’s room after visiting the hospital with his mum one day.
“We were living with a certain lady at the time and when we returned, she had locked the room and was nowhere to be found and that was why I ended up in the neighbour’s room, marking the beginning of my greatest nightmare. My leg suddenly swell and got worse by the day,” he sadly narrated.
The presenter revealed all attempts by his parents for him to heal through mallams, hospitals, and pastors among others proved futile.
“Hope was completely lost because we couldn’t establish what the problem was. The once bubbly and lovable Ampofo Adjei no longer existed and everyone who saw me broke down in tears. I couldn’t walk and had to be assisted even to urinate and use the toilet,” he told Afia Amankwa Tamakloe.
Fast forward, he said one pastor Kwarteng, who is a good friend of his late father, Nana Ampofo Adjei, came to the house to visit and professed some solutions which enabled him to step on a recovery path.
“The pastor told me I was shot in my leg spiritually and as at now, I still have the scar on my leg and it indeed looks like a gunshot wound.
“I remember he mixed okro with plantain and other ingredients which were tied on my leg. I woke up the next day feeling all wet with a white fluid coming out of my leg,” he added.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group