The Africa Cup for Club Champions Hockey tournament is nearing its conclusion as four teams battle it out in the final on Day 6.
The first semi-final match was between Kada Stars from Nigeria and Zamalek from Egypt.
After taking a two-goal lead, the Nigerian side thought they already had a foot in the final but Zamalek, who showed character, left it all in the fourth quarter.
They came from behind to draw level to take the game into penalties which they later won to book their place in the final.
The two teams looking to join Zamalek in the final were Eastern Company and Tairat, who are both from Egypt.
Both sides were competitive, with a spot in the final up for grabs. Eastern Company opened the scoring early in the first quarter, but Tairat equalized and doubled their lead.
The game became more fascinating after Eastern Company got their equalizer in the 46th minute, but Tairat proved to be stronger after a well-worked team goal gave them a late win to see them book a place in the final with Zamalek.
Zamalek and Tairat will battle it out in all Egyptian finals while Kada Stars and Eastern Company face each other in the Bronze medal.
The finals will take place on November 30 at the Theodosia Okoh hockey pitch in Accra.
GRA and Delta Queens will go head-to-head in the Gold medal match in the women’s division, while Plateau Queens and Ghana Police also battle it out in the Bronze medal match.
- Why Dede Ayew is trending on Twitter
- Majority describes Bagbin’s frequent absence as worrying
- E-levy is less than 2%; UK pays 10% and we go there and seek loans from them – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful
- Asamoah Gyan reported me to Kufuor and I’ve never been happy with him to date – K. T. Hammond
- I held outdoor crusades for 5k people at age 5 in Nigeria – Sam George
- Last time I changed my sponge was 12 years ago – Man tells JoyNews
- I spent 50% of my 8-year savings in 2 years – Family man recounts how he survived Covid-19
- I withdrew my SSNIT funds to start a business but Covid-19 didn’t let me – Man recounts
- Market queens in Kumasi opt to pay nomination fee for Alan Kyerematen
- 3 arrested over ‘dangerous’ transportation of huge log in Ejisu
Ayawaso Central Assembly steps up ‘Operation Clean Your Frontage’ sensitisation campaign
Apeatse explosion: Negligence, regulation lapses and institutional failures caused incident – Expert
Mary J. Blige says she had to pay herself ‘the highest compliments’ in order to get her confidence back
Chris Brown sued for $20m Over alleged rape
Rihanna went pantless on a date with A$AP Rocky
GPL Week 15 Preview: Hearts play King Faisal, Olympics face Kotoko
President of House of Chiefs calls on GCB Bank Management
A story of 3 sisters who survived an Indian brothel
No meat in Bolgatanga market, Assembly recruits new butchers
Bagbin to undergo third medical review in Dubai; returns on March 4
Over 15,000 displaced in new Darfur violence – UN
Ghana and Rwanda sign agreement to deepen bilateral trade relations
Novak Djokovic: Doubts over timing of Covid-19 test
Local rice producers scramble for buyers; expert calls for “urgent” government intervention
Ukraine crisis: Biden warns Russia may invade next month