Ace investigative journalist, Manasseh Azure Awuni, says President Akufo-Addo must resign if he cannot dismiss persons who are complicit in the return of galamsey kingpin, Aisha Huang to Ghana.
In a series of Facebook posts on Monday, he lamented the re-emergence of the ‘galamsey queen’; questioning the competence of those at the helm of affairs.
In one of such posts, he wrote: “Akufo-Addo must resign if he can’t fire anyone for this Aisha Huang embarrassment. The sh*t is now beyond the ceiling”.
The comments by Manasseh Azure adds to the scores of public sentiments after it emerged that Aisha Huang and her accomplices were still about their illegal mining activities.
Ms. Huang was remanded into lawful custody by an Accra Circuit Court last Friday.
She is facing a charge of mining without a license and engaging in the sale and purchase of minerals without a valid license.
Her accomplices; Johng Li Hua, Huang Jei and Huaid Hai Hun have also been charged with the same offense.
The three, including a female (Jei) have denied the charge and the Court, presided over by Mr Samuel Bright Acquah has remanded them into lawful custody to reappear on September 14.
Meanwhile, Attorney-General, Godfred Yeboah Dame, is set to prosecute the notorious ‘galamsey’ poster girl, Aisha Huang for her past and recent crimes.
This was disclosed after he requested details of evidence compiled by investigators in 2018 and what has been compiled on alleged recent offences.
“Attorney-General and Minister for Justice, Godfred Yeboah Dame, has called for the docket on En Huang, a.k.a. Aisha Huang, from the Police”, portions of a Facebook post by the Ministry of Justice and Attorney-General’s Department on September 6 read.
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- US singer Jake Flint dies hours after wedding
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Government frustrated over Organised Labour’s rejection of 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: I am playing to the instructions of the head coach – Thomas Partey
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Petrol tanker accident: Residents scramble for fuel
- ‘Squid Game’ actor indicted over indecent assault charges
- We’ve not imposed levies on luxury vehicles -GRA
- Don’t pass expenditure lines in 2023 Budget – Tax Justice to Parliament
- NHIS to provide funding support for children with kidney disease – Bawumia
- Australia parliament rape retrial abandoned
- Kudus Mohammed: The heart of a Black Star
- Keta Investment Promotion Center lauds farmers for immense contribution to economy
- Harriette Amissah-Arthur is Female Energy Personality of the Year
- Let’s manufacture Dialysate in Ghana to bring down dialysis cost – Bawumia
- GSE, Young Investors Network organise Capital Market Quiz for 2nd cycle schools
- Manhyia hospital nurses embark on indefinite strike action over NSS director’s abuse
- Livestream: 38th National Farmers’ Day celebration in Koforidua
- Asase Gyefo organic fertiliser to the rescue amid inorganic fertlisers’ record-high global prices
- Netherlands reaffirms commitment to transform Ghana’s economy to be more ‘GrEEner’ and circular