The overlord of the Mion Traditional area, Abdulai Mahamadu III, has described the policies and programmes of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) as “people-centred”.
According to him, the policies are also achieving “positive, far-reaching impacts” across the nation.
“Though I am a chief and without political inclination, permit me to say that the NPP government’s policies and programmes are truly people-centred”, the Mion Lana declared on Thursday, 3rd September when the Vice President, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia paid a courtesy call on him at the beginning of a 10-day working visit to the five regions of the north.
Abdulai Mahamadu said, “mention cannot be made of the flagship Free SHS policy, Planting for Food and Jobs, NABCO among others without placing emphasis on their positive far-reaching impacts on livelihoods and the general economic wellbeing of the people.
“For we here in Dagbon, the peace we are enjoying today is enough for everyone to recognize that you are the peoples’ government. Thank you for helping us sail through the conflict.”
The Mion Lana praised the Akufo-Addo government for the “timely and appropriate interventions” in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, adding, “we have watched with admiration and appreciation for the excellent approach and handling of the pandemic. Congratulations!”
Addressing Vice President Dr. Mahamadu Bawumia, the chief said, “You are indeed an inspiration to families of the Savanna. You have not only won the trust and confidence of His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo but the entire nation.
“Your sterling qualities has reshaped the economy to its present stable state. Your role in every programme of the country is admirable and worthy of praise. You are indeed a beacon of hope for the North, a true statesman, and a politician who has successfully brought new dynamics of issue-based politics in the country. Well done!”
Outlining a number of interventions and projects undertaken in the last three and a half years in Dagbon in particular and Ghana in general, Vice President Bawumia assured the people of Mion of the NPP government’s commitment to fulfilling its promises to the nation, and urged eligible voters to retain Nana Akufo-Addo as President for another 4 years in the December elections.
The Vice President is on a 10 day working visit to northern Ghana. During his visit to the Northern, Savanna, North East, Upper East and West regions, Dr Bawumia would pay courtesy calls on a number of chiefs, inspect ongoing projects, and commission completed ones.
He is accompanied by Defence Minister Dominic Nitiwul; Local Government Minister, Alima Mahama; Deputy Roads Minister Anthony Abayifa Karbo; Deputy Energy Minister, Mohammed Amin Adam; the CEO of the National Petroleum Authority, Hassan Tampuli, and Abibata Shani Mahama Zakaria, Deputy CEO of MASLOC.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees
- ‘He devoted himself to the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition’ – Akufo-Addo eulogises late Kumawu MP
- ECG disconnects Ghana Post Accra branch over GH¢89,000 debt
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- We have a very good candidate in Dr. Duffour – Fritz Bafour
- Division One: Heart of Lions extend Zone 3 lead to 15 points
- Kejetia market fire: Traders warned to desist from forceful opening of shops