Audio By Carbonatix
Shares in Apple have fallen for a second day in a row after reports that Chinese government workers have been banned from using iPhones.
The technology giant's stock market valuation has fallen by almost $200bn (£160bn) in the last two days.
China is Apple's third-largest market, accounting for 18% of its total revenue last year.
It is also where most of Apple's products are manufactured by its biggest supplier Foxconn.
The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday that Beijing had ordered central government agency officials to not bring iPhones into the office or use them for work.
The following day, Bloomberg News reported that the ban may also be imposed on workers at state-owned companies and government-backed agencies.
Apple's share price has now fallen by around 6% over the course of two trading sessions in New York.
The reports came ahead of the launch of the iPhone 15, which is expected to take place on 12 September.
There has been no official statement from the Chinese government in response to the reports.
Apple did not immediately respond to a BBC request for comment.
The reports came as tensions between Washington and Beijing remain high.
This year, Washington, along with its allies Japan and the Netherlands, restricted China's access to some chip technology.
China retaliated by restricting exports of two materials key to the semiconductor industry.
Beijing is also reportedly preparing a new $40bn investment fund to boost its chip making industry.
Last week, during US Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo's visit to Beijing, Chinese tech giant Huawei unexpectedly unveiled its Mate 60 Pro smartphone.
Canada-based technology research firm, TechInsights, said the phone contained a new 5G Kirin 9000s processor, developed for Huawei by China's largest contract chipmaker SMIC.
TechInsights analyst Dan Hutchenson said it "demonstrates the technical progress China's semiconductor industry has been able to make".
This is a "big tech breakthrough for China," investment firm Jefferies said in a research note.
This week, US congressman Mike Gallagher, who is the chairman of the House of Representatives committee on China, called on the Commerce Department to further restrict exports to Huawei and SMIC.
Latest Stories
-
Prince-Osei Owusu nominated for MLS All-Star Game after Montreal Player of the Month award
1 hour -
AFCON U-17: Black Starlets beat South Africa 3-1 but await CAF draw of lots to determine fate
2 hours -
ORAL delivering results, more cases ahead – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
4 hours -
SpaceX files for IPO that could make Elon Musk a trillionaire
4 hours -
Spain midfielder Fermin Lopez ruled out of World Cup
4 hours -
Major-minor nations split in World Cup qualifying
4 hours -
Players to cut short French Open interviews in pay row
4 hours -
NATARAJ Art competition inspires young creativity in Ghana
4 hours -
Empty rooms and FIFA cancellations – US hotels fear World Cup washout
5 hours -
Prince William celebrates ‘amazing night’ as Villa fans party
5 hours -
Ebola vaccine could take nine months as death toll rises further, WHO warns
5 hours -
Money can be traced in GIIF ‘Sky Train’ case – Kow Essuman fires back at Deputy AG
5 hours -
25/26 UEFA Europa League: Unai Emery leads Aston Villa to first European trophy in 44 years
5 hours -
Southampton lose appeal against play-off expulsion
5 hours -
SkySat Technologies, Konica Minolta launch VIP Experience in Accra
5 hours