ActionAid Ghana has commended President Akufo-Addo for appointing Lariba Zuweira Abudu as Minister-designate for Gender, Children and Social Protection.
Speaking on Joy FM’s Top Story on Tuesday, the Country Director for ActionAid Ghana, John Nkaw noted that the news is welcoming.
“From ActionAid we are particularly receiving the appointment of MP for Walewale, Lariba Zuweira Abudu as very good news. It is very welcoming at this point,” he stated.
Explaining the reason for his assertion, he noted that “the appointment of Zuweira Abudu is a recognition of the fact that the President is demonstrating his role as the AU Gender champion of our time.”
According to him, the appointment acknowledges the value of women’s participation in decision-making and leadership.
“Beyond that, it is also a testament of Zuweira Abudu’s proven capacity in the role that she has occupied for some time now,” he added.
Despite congratulating Madam Zuweira Abudu on her new position, Mr Nkaw did not hesitate to list some of the expectations placed on her.
Mr. Nkaw stated that he is of the expectation that Madam Abudu would continue to expedite action on the passage of the gender policy [Affirmative Action].
He added that “we would also expect her to expedite action on combating anti-witchcraft accusation and molestation and if you like the lynching of the Akua Denteh in Salaga area.”
“We want to continue to encourage her to pay particular attention to enhancing the rights of women and ensuring that women build the necessarily resilience to overcome challenges that confront them on daily basis.”
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- West African leaders in Mali over detained Ivorians
- NCA, AG dragged to court over directives on SIM re-registration
- Adidas row: Morocco demands change to Algerian jersey design
- Linguistics Association of Ghana explores ways to make language socially relevant
- Ghana’s export to Burkina Faso increased to $276million in 2021
- Book containing late Prof Mills’ SONA christened “Atta Mills Speaks” launched
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Banking sector crisis: State institutions must raise red flags at the right time – Alhassan Andani
- GRASAG rolls out Graduate Research Trust Fund
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- Ghana, Korea $8 million rice project kicks off in Assin North
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We are engaging ECG to fix anomaly with electricity purchase – PURC