Armed robbers have raided mobile money and an electrical shop at Kasoa Opeikuma in a daylight mission.
Two suspects were said to have first entered the mobile money shop on the pretext of withdrawing money only to threaten the vendor with a gun.
Speaking to Adom News, the traumatised victim said she was hesitant in giving out her cash so she engaged in a verbal battle with the robbers.
The robbers landed a hefty on the MoMo vendor’s cheek and this woke her up to their intent. In no time, she quietly gave out all her money, yet the duo were irritated the cash was insufficient for them.
According to her, they further went into a nearby electrical shop and played out the same tactics on another female salesgirl before bolting with their booty.
Eyewitnesses said the scream of the girls alerted them to the robbery, but a warning shot deterred them from pursuing them.
Recently, a 40-year-old man was shot and killed by robbers in the same vicinity after withdrawing money from a bank.
Residents are, therefore, demanding police and military intervention, expressing worry that Kasoa is becoming a target of crime.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts
Transgender Cameroonians jailed for 5 years
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies cause of insecurity in the country- Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant