The Ashanti regional directorate of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) has achieved more than half its targeted membership subscription for 2021.
The Directorate boasts of active membership of 2,429,586 at the end of June, 2021, which represents seventy-three per cent of this year’s target of 3 million subscription.
Ashanti Regional Director of NHIS, Mr. Kwadwo Tweneboah-Koduah ascribed the feat to a number of digital solutions including the mobile renewal system employed by the authority.
“NHIA has deployed a number of digital solutions to bring about efficiency and effectiveness in NHIS service delivery to residents in Ghana,” he said.
Addressing staff at the 2021 mid-year review, Mr. Tweneboah-Koduah urged them to educate citizens to link their NHIS cards to the Ghana card, using the mobile renewal service code (*929#).
He believes this would help save cost of printing biometric NHIS card.
“For us at NHIS, we’re always looking at the best way to offer service at the lowest cost.
“We’ve realized that Ghana card is the best way to go now,” he said.
He added that “the NHIS card is fading out. Now, we print NHIS cards for only people with critical situations”.
“If you have the Ghana card there’s no need for us to print the NHIS card for you again because it’s additional cost,” he added.
He disclosed healthcare providers in the region and in other parts of the country, have been paid their arrears up to March, 2021, which he deems unprecedented.
He indicated NHIA owes these facilities about 3 months arrears only.
“Technically, we are indebted to our providers for about 2 or 3 months, which is good, because once you advance monies to the providers, you’re assured of improved healthcare delivery,” he said.
He thanked the staff for their phenomenal dedication to work.
The authority is hopeful to surpass its target at the end of 2021.
- Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
- ‘I only met Godfred Dame to discuss Law School issues’ – Justice Dotse fights off Opuni bias claims
- I doubt impartiality of Justice Dotse; he should recuse himself – Opuni
- Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
- Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
- 37th ICAG Graduation Ceremony: female UEW graduate adjudged overall best candidate
- Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
- Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
- Madina MP leads constituents to demonstrate over deplorable roads
- Thousands throng El-Wak stadium for Ghana Immigration Service screening
Women urged to have their breasts examined
Covid-19: Ghana’s death toll rises to 1,172
Re-nominated DCE of Adaklu fails second attempt
Treason: We don’t want to fail, it must happen – Dr Mac Palm
Message from the Morning Man: Pay for Pain
Stop begging for arrested criminals – Police to Politicians
SYND-Ghana hosts Pre-COP26 Youth Summit on climate change
There was about 1million vote difference between presidential and parliamentary results – Otokunor alleges
I blame EC for the 8 deaths recorded in 2020 elections – Otokunor
Delay in sanctioning culprits for deaths recorded in 2020 election worrying – Dr Pumpuni Asante
Ballot stuffing claims by NDC ‘bogus’ – Peter Mac Manu
EC reducing cost of elections per voter to $7.70 incorrect – Peter Otokunor
Streaming platforms do not properly represent massive support we give to our local musicians – Kwame Berko
2021 AFCON: Teams can have up to 28 players in squad
Confederation Cup is an opportunity for us to redeem themselves – Opare Addo