The National Chairman of the National Democratic Congress, Johnson Asiedu Nketia will be leading a delegation to the United Kingdom tonight to attend a lecture by former President, John Dramani Mahama.
The event is scheduled to take place at the Chatham House, United Kingdom on Friday, January 27, 2023.
Other members of the delegation include the Director of International Affairs of the NDC, Alex Segbefia, Deputy National Women Organizer, Abigail Elorm Akwambea, and the Deputy Treasurer of the party, Vida Addae.
The lecture will be under the theme: “Africa’s strategic priorities and global role.”
It will among other things discuss the prospects for economic recovery and growth on the African continent in light of recent debt crisis that have compelled African countries including Ghana to seek debt treatment under the G20 Common Framework.
The former President – according to the National Communications officer of the NDC, Sammy Gyamfi – will be sharing with his audience his ideas and insights on the key economic and governance reforms required for economic stability and prosperity across Africa.
“He will also discuss priorities for regional integration and Africa’s role and responsibilities in global economic governance,” he added.
Meanwhile, the team together with the former President will hold a meeting with the UK/Ireland Chapter of the NDC as part of their visit.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ugandan parliament passes bill to jail gay people
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund