The Assin Central Municipality and the Assin North District of the Central Region have recorded one Covid-19 positive case each, being the first in these two areas.
Nicholas Fiifi Baako, the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) for Assin Central and Mr Charles Ohene Andoh, the District Chief Executive (DCE) for Assin North in separate interviews confirmed the cases to the Ghana News Agency on Tuesday.
Mr Baako said one the patients who is in his early 30s is a taxi driver in the Assin-Fosu Township.
He said the patient has been quarantined and contact tracing had begun to curtail the spread of the pandemic.
The Assin North, case involved a female patient whose specimen came out positive after it was sent to the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research (KCCR), one of the major testing centres for Covid-19 in the country.
He said the 33-year-old businesswoman based in Obuasi, came to a community in the district some weeks ago and went to a health facility for screening for the coronavirus disease and subsequently tested positive.
He said the COVID-19 District Respond team quickly put her in isolation.
“That patient is currently being quarantined at the health facility and will soon be transferred to Cape Coast, the Regional capital for further medical attention,” he said.
The DCE said nurses who came into contact with her were being prepared for some “clinical procedures” and that contact tracing had begun.
He urged the public to remain calm as the professionals managed to contain the spread of the virus and asked for strict adherence to all the safety protocols.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 15 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Adwoa Boatemaa Adu-Poku wins CEEK Miss Ghana UK 2022