Barcelona have denied that former president Sandro Rosell illegally bought a liver for ex-France defender Eric Abidal.
Abidal, 38, who is now the club's technical secretary, had a transplant in 2012 after a tumour was found in his liver.
Reports in Spain claim Rosell, who was arrested for money-laundering in 2017, purchased the organ.
Barcelona say they "roundly deny any irregularity in the matter".
The claim has also been denied by Abidal and the Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, where the player had the operation.
Barcelona added: "The club are saddened by the lack of rigor in the spreading of such information about such a sensitive issue."
Abidal, who spent six seasons at the Nou Camp, made his comeback for Barcelona in April 2013 before joining Monaco three months later.
Last week a Spanish court ruled that Rosell, who is in custody, will stand trial on charges of money laundering involving the sale of television rights for Brazil matches.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees
- ‘He devoted himself to the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition’ – Akufo-Addo eulogises late Kumawu MP
- ECG disconnects Ghana Post Accra branch over GH¢89,000 debt
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- We have a very good candidate in Dr. Duffour – Fritz Bafour
- Division One: Heart of Lions extend Zone 3 lead to 15 points
- Kejetia market fire: Traders warned to desist from forceful opening of shops