A remix of one of Bisa Kdei’s songs has been used as a soundtrack in Netflix’s 2020 Christmas movie Jingle Jangle.
The song written specifically for the movie is a remix of his 2018 hit ‘Asew‘.
Unlike the original which talks about a young man addressing his in-law, ‘Asew Jingle Jangle’ focuses on a grandchild who is speaking to her grandfather.
Bisa Kdei carrying his funeral song to places 😅— Section 80. (@GLOCK___40) November 13, 2020
Y’all hate to see
🎥 Jingle Jangle pic.twitter.com/Q9IZpGd9Hg
This milestone comes barely days after he tagged himself the King of Highlife when some social media users began comparing him to other artistes.
Many fans have taken to Twitter to share snippets of the scene and their excitement to see a Ghanaian artiste’s song in an international movie.
Name any Ghanaian musician that took twi music International ?— Edembwoy❤️ (@RealEdem) November 13, 2020
Me : Bisa kdei
You people say Bisa Kdei dey do only funeral songs but say he do soundtrack give this Netflix movie “Jingle Jangle” 🇬🇭🇬🇭🇬🇭🇬🇭Your favorites can never😴😴— Lατιf🦅 (@iLatif_) November 13, 2020
Bisa Kdei s “asew” track has been featured in a new Hollywood movie 🎥 Jingle Jangle .. Bisa Kdei out there making the Motherland proud 👏👏 pic.twitter.com/1LF8Hn1bix— Section 80. (@GLOCK___40) November 13, 2020
Here we go 👇👇— JEFF TYMER🇬🇭🏴 (@Jeff_Tymer_) November 13, 2020
Stop talking trash about his songs
Bisa Kdei is making us proud 🇬🇭 pic.twitter.com/5uzn88l3Pd
Jingle Jangle is about a toymaker whose apprentice betrays him after stealing all his work.
The once joyful toymaker finds new hope when his bright young granddaughter appears on his doorstep.
The movie released on November 12 features Academy Award (Oscar) winning actor Forest Whitaker, Emmy nominated actress Phylicia Rashād, Emmy Award winner actor and comedian Keegan-Michael Key and Madalen Mills.
- ‘I called my wife to bid her farewell when my vehicle was swept away’ – Flood survivor
- 2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
- Medikal remanded in prison custody for 5 days
- Ban on ‘aboboyaa’ on Accra highways to take effect from Nov. 1 – Henry Quartey
- ACP Agordzo’s fight to revoke his interdiction as police officer suffers another court adjournment
- Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign
- Photos: Medikal’s day in court
- Bishop Agyinasare cautions against military takeovers in spite of hardship
- ‘Side-chicks’ are ‘helpers’ who spice up marriages, I demanded my husband gets one – Joy FM Listener
- John Boadu blames current employment challenges on NDC, Sammy Gyamfi disagrees
Minority demands apology from Akufo-Addo over comment on abandoned Aflao E-block
Ghana’s Covid-19 death toll now 1,169
Girls at Agbekpui Basic School educated on breast cancer
One of the 3 police officers involved in Walewale-Bolga Highway accident still in critical condition
Media and Information Literacy week launched
Lawyers reject compensation packages for victims of Ayawaso West Wuogon bye-election
Statistical officers of local government urged to invest in personal training
We like the work fans are doing – Robert Addo ahead of WAC clash
I believe in us, we believe in ourselves – Mohammed Alhassan ahead of WAC clash
Partey scores first Arsenal goal in victory over Aston Villa
JoyNews’ Kwetey Nartey wins big at 2021 West Africa Media Excellence Awards
Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital board sworn in
Rejected law students sue General Legal Council
1xBet gives you the biggest welcome bonus in Ghana – 200% up to ¢1600!
Ga Mantse appeals to Akufo-Addo for support to change Greater Accra to Ga-Adangbe Region