A remix of one of Bisa Kdei’s songs has been used as a soundtrack in Netflix’s 2020 Christmas movie Jingle Jangle.
The song written specifically for the movie is a remix of his 2018 hit ‘Asew‘.
Unlike the original which talks about a young man addressing his in-law, ‘Asew Jingle Jangle’ focuses on a grandchild who is speaking to her grandfather.
Bisa Kdei carrying his funeral song to places 😅— Section 80. (@GLOCK___40) November 13, 2020
Y’all hate to see
🎥 Jingle Jangle pic.twitter.com/Q9IZpGd9Hg
This milestone comes barely days after he tagged himself the King of Highlife when some social media users began comparing him to other artistes.
Many fans have taken to Twitter to share snippets of the scene and their excitement to see a Ghanaian artiste’s song in an international movie.
Name any Ghanaian musician that took twi music International ?— Edembwoy❤️ (@RealEdem) November 13, 2020
Me : Bisa kdei
You people say Bisa Kdei dey do only funeral songs but say he do soundtrack give this Netflix movie “Jingle Jangle” 🇬🇭🇬🇭🇬🇭🇬🇭Your favorites can never😴😴— Lατιf🦅 (@iLatif_) November 13, 2020
Bisa Kdei s “asew” track has been featured in a new Hollywood movie 🎥 Jingle Jangle .. Bisa Kdei out there making the Motherland proud 👏👏 pic.twitter.com/1LF8Hn1bix— Section 80. (@GLOCK___40) November 13, 2020
Here we go 👇👇— JEFF TYMER🇬🇭🏴 (@Jeff_Tymer_) November 13, 2020
Stop talking trash about his songs
Bisa Kdei is making us proud 🇬🇭 pic.twitter.com/5uzn88l3Pd
Jingle Jangle is about a toymaker whose apprentice betrays him after stealing all his work.
The once joyful toymaker finds new hope when his bright young granddaughter appears on his doorstep.
The movie released on November 12 features Academy Award (Oscar) winning actor Forest Whitaker, Emmy nominated actress Phylicia Rashād, Emmy Award winner actor and comedian Keegan-Michael Key and Madalen Mills.
- My wife paid for our wedding expenses and I cherish her for that – Joy FM listener
- Guinea coup: ECOWAS’ ultimatum for return to democratic rule not feasible – Col Festus Aboagye
- Sex workers at Sunyani arrested for allegedly beating a client to death
- Inclusion of Alassane Ouattara in delegation to Guinea an insult to coup leaders – Col Festus Aboagye
- Three-member committee submits report on new Black Stars coach to GFA
- Minority Leader moves for dissolution of regional collation centres ahead of election 2024
- NPP asks supporters to accept incoming MMDCEs list
- Land Minister hands over seized rosewood to trustees of National Cathedral
- I deserve 3Music awards but I’ll get rid of them – Shatta Wale
- #Phobia110 trends as fans react to new Hearts of Oak jersey
Final funeral rites of Bawumia’s mother scheduled for October 24
Baba Yara Sports Stadium ready for use – Sports Minister
45 State Enterprises yet to submit financial statement to Finance Ministry since 2016 – Report
Government generated $6.55billion in petroleum revenue – PIAC
Accident on Accra-Nsawam highway blocks section of the road
ECOWAS must also deal with presidents who ‘overthrow’ constitutions – Festus Aboagye
Livestream: Newsfile discusses Guinea coup, CK Akonnor’s dismissal and 2021 GBA conference
Residents stranded as flood cuts off bridge in Saboba
We haven’t opened application for postgraduate local scholarships – GETFund
Twitter trends in Ghana: Hunt for new Black Star Coach, SarkodiexGrammy and more
‘Your good works at NSS earned you Sports Minister role’ – Otumfuo lauds Mustapha Ussif
Inclusion of Alassane Ouattara in delegation to Guinea an insult to coup leaders – Col Festus Aboagye
JHS student who led attack on teacher fined GH¢1,800
Aisha Buhari Cup: South Africa ease past Black Queens in Group B opener
GIFEC funded ICT Lab commissioned in Western North region