Ghanaian Boxing Athlete, Samuel Takyi, has received a brand-new phone from the brand ambassador for Tecno Mobile Ghana, Stonebwoy.
Becoming a new user of Tecno mobile’s latest flagship product, “Phantom X”, the gift followed the young Ghanaian boxer’s apparently significant, at least enough to get a visible reaction performance at the just ended 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, where he won Ghana’s first bronze medal in the discipline after 30 years of drought.
“When a generation acknowledges, celebrates and obligatorily places value on their historic achievers the future never forgets,” Stonebwoy said in a tweet.
“That’s how we Live on and progress as a nation. Samuel Takyi broke a 30yr Olympic medal drought, boxing. I and Tecno Mobile GH appreciate You.”
The multiple award-winning Afrobeat/Reggae & Dancehall, born Livingstone Etse Satekla aka, ‘1GAD’ and some members from Tecno Mobile Ghana office hosted the Boxer in a brief ceremony where the presentation was made.
Samuel Takyi competed in the men’s featherweight division in the 2020 Summer Olympics, beating Jean Caicedo of Ecuador in the first round.
He went on to defeat David Avila Ceiber of Colombia in the quarter-final, a win which earned him a bronze medal but lost to Duke Ragan of the USA in the semi-final bout.
Appreciating the gift from the musician, the Ghanaian Olympic Bronze Medallist said: “I appreciate what Tecno has done, and I also appreciate my friend, who’s Stonebwoy for being considerate about me. This means a lot to me and will keep me going. Thanks for your support.”
- We are investigating alleged impersonation of Adwoa Safo in Parliament – Ablakwa
- Presec alumni to petition Primetime over “raw deal” during 2021 NSMQ final
- Ghana detects Omicron variant – GHS Director
- Minority Caucus moves motion to overturn approval of 2022 budget
- Akuapem Poloo to serve 82 days in jail as court dismisses her appeal
- Adwoa Safo trends on social media after claims of alleged impersonation
- Don’t fall for the drama; NDC has cut a deal with NPP to pass 2022 budget – Ernesto Yeboah alleges
- Fuel prices go down marginally
- ‘Very soon, we’ll get to know whether Adwoa Safo was in the House or not’ – Muntaka Mubarak
- Speaker Bagbin is not an MP, but I am – Joseph Osei Owusu defends approval of 2022 budget
District Directors of Health Services Group begins 28th annual conference at Ho
Today’s frontpages: Thursday, December 2, 2021
Government is proud of your support for agric policies – Minister tells farmers
Roche sets up Chemo Unit for breast cancer treatment at Ho Teaching Hospital
Covid-19: Tightening surveillance at airports better than red-listing countries – Immunologist on Omicron variant
Photos: AMA health officers caution mechanic for operating in inflammable environment
Covid-19: Sanctions for unvaccinated drivers a wrong approach – GPRTU
2 dead, others in critical condition after motorbike accident in Savannah Region
Digital health the surest way to improve healthcare delivery – PharmAccess’ Maxwell Antwi
Let’s disband witch camps – Prof Naana Opoku-Agyemang
Ketasco 1994 year group provides water tanks for alma mater
NSMQ 2021: Prempeh College wins AirtelTigo Highest Scorer cash prize of ¢10,000
Tour Operators’ Union of Ghana outdoors maiden newsletter
GACA 2021 rewards Arts and Culture Industry excellence
Covid-19 vaccines are safe; go for vaccination – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana