Asante Kotoko captain, Richard Boadu, says his side is ready for the game against RC Kadiogo in the preliminary stage of the CAF Champions League.
The Porcupine Warriors will host the Burkina Faso club on Sunday, September 18, at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium for the second leg.
Kotoko were victors in the first leg which took place in Benin on Monday with youngster, Isaac Oppong scoring late in the game to give the Ghana Premier League champions a 1-0 win.
Speaking during the presser ahead of Sunday’s game, Boadu admitted the game won’t be a walkover but his side will be well-prepared.
“Sunday’s game is very important for all of us and we know it’s not going to be easy but we are ready for it,” Boadu said.
“We all read about the history [of Kotoko in the Champions League], however, this is our time to also make history and for us as players, our immediate target is to reach the group stage. The coach has been fantastic and he relates very well with us.”
Sharing his thought on what the fans should expect, head coach, Seydou Zerbo added, “This is a press conference and I won’t sit here to tell you the system we are going to deploy so you just have to come on Sunday and see how we will play.”
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- ‘Thank you Dede Ayew’, tweets ‘praise’ Stars captain for missed penalty as Brazil mauls South Korea
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- All Agenda 111 hospitals cannot be completed by 2024 – NPP MP
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- IMF is getting cold feet on deal with Ghana – Ricketts-Hagan alleges
- Bitcoin provides easy access to funding – Africa Bitcoin Conference
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Ghana Oil, Gas and Energy Summit focuses on exploration potential and latest midstream openings
- Bulldog, Andy Dosty endorse music sensation TsaQa
- Researchers adopt bio-based technologies to improve agriculture production
- Assemblies of God Church pays courtesy call on IGP
- E-Vibes USA edition: I’m still in active music business – Fritz Oakley
- Bawumia cuts sod for phase two construction works on Tema Motorway roundabout
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- A mounting pile: Ghana’s precarious public finances
- UPSA to limit 2023/24 admissions to aggregate 6
- Work on terminal section of Boankra inland port in progress
- Debt exchange programme was not discussed in Parliament – Dr Ato Forson
- Our government is not a perfect institution; criticisms are welcome – John Kumah
- Check for speech error in your babies – Parents advised