The Central Command of the Ghana Armed Forces has inaugurated a sachet water production factory to improve its internally generated funds.
It is the first of revenue generation activities by the command to complement budgetary allocation.
General Officer Commanding, Brigadier General Joseph Aphour, is optimistic the revenue generation policies being implemented will positively impact its operations.
“My predecessors did well by starting a sachet water factory to assist revenue generation. Today, I have been able to complete the factory, providing the necessary equipment for production of water,” he said.
The command officers were joined by the Ashanti Regional Minister, Simon Osei Mensah, for the inauguration of the factory.
The factory will be producing under the brand name Spears Special Water, primarily for people within the environs of the barracks.
With a KIA truck purchased for operation, the command expects the product to reach other parts of the city.
Already, a coconut plantation has taken off within the barracks to augment internally generated funds.
Through development partners, some projects have been initiated to improve conditions at the military command.
“Through my initiative and support from staff officers, soldiers and philanthropists, I was able to start a twenty bedroom accommodation for troops which is currently at advanced stages of completion. When I took over, I realized that most of my troops were making deal with make shift structures infested with serpents, rodents and the like. I found this to be dehumanizing”.
Meanwhile, the Ashanti Regional Coordinating Council has pledged support for the military.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- Man butchered by unknown assailants at Krofrom in Ashanti Region
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- Five shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue – reports
- We need to continue pressing for information – Prof Gadzekpo urges public
- Proposals for selecting leaders of NDC Minority Caucus was ignored – Haruna Iddrisu
- Lack of affirmative action cause of lopsided nature of Parliament – Prof. Audrey Sitsofe Gadzekpo
- I can’t wait to get started – Antoine Semenyo after completing Bournemouth move
- Lynx Entertainment signees ‘BDSM’ thrill patrons at Coming Soon EP release party
- #FillGPLCenters: Aziz Haruna is not wise for blaming Hearts management on poor attendance – Sowah Odotei
- Trend of malpractices of BECE candidates since 2018
- Woman butchers male farmer over boundary dispute
- Daddy Lumba pays courtesy call on IGP