It was merrymaking and excitement when the New Patriotic Party (NPP) unveiled its new Ashanti regional office at Krofrom, a suburb of Kumasi, on Wednesday.
Hundreds of party loyalists, clad in the NPP paraphernalia, besieged the premises of the three- storey building which was being officially handed over to the NPP leadership.
The building was rented by Bernard Antwi Boasiako aka 'Wontumi', a staunch member of the NPP and a top contender for the Ashanti regional chairmanship position of the party.
Party people in Kumasi and the nearby towns, who were excited about Wontu-mi's largesse decided to grace the handing over of the edifice to make the event memorable.
The enthusiastic NPP members were seen standing on top of buildings and cars just to catch a clearer glimpse of the historic ceremony which was graced by top NPP members.
The three-storey building which was painted in the red, white and blue colours of the NPP, boasts of a car park, conference rooms, offices, rest rooms, among others.
Addressing the gathering, Wontumi said he was presenting the office to the party, to help the NPP realise its great ambition of unseating the Mahama-led administration in 2016.
He said he was donating the edifice to the largest opposition political party "not because I am rich", explaining that his gesture clearly buttressed his great love for the NPP.
Wontumi also promised to support the party in diverse ways to help it become strong and ready to defeat the NDC in 2016.
On behalf of the NPP, he thanked all party greats who in the past allowed the NPP to use their houses as regional party office, saying "we are continuing from where they left off."
Party bigwigs in the region including Dr Mathew Opoku Prempeh aka 'Napo' Manhyia South MP Henry Kwabena Kokofu, Bantama MP and other top-notch NPP members were present.
Frederick Fredua Anto, the Ashanti regional NPP chairman, commended Wontumi for his immense love and passion for the growth of the NPP, urging other party members to emulate his shining example.
Mr Anto urged the NPP members to embrace peace and unity and shun bickering and backbiting in the party, reminding them that "were one people with a common destiny, and the battle we have is with the NDC and not NPP."
Dr Mathew Opoku Prempeh aka 'Napo' urged all NPP members to unite so that the party could conquer the NDC in the 2016 general elections which is just three years away.
Sam Pyne, the Ashanti regional secretary of the NPP said Wontumi deserved praise for his usual support for the development of the party,noting that the new office would help enhance the party's work.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Sack Ashanti Region NSS boss; he is unfit to be director in public service – GRNMA tells government
- Let’s salute Ghanaian farmers – NAFCO boss
- PFAG unhappy about failure of 2023 budget in tackling key constraints in Agric sector
- Government to set up task force on rivers to end illegal mining
- We must address the inequalities holding back Ghana’s AIDS response – HFFG
- Come to our aid – SOGASCO calls for help
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Sustainable energy expert of Ghanaian descent appointed to US President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- Node Eight leads digital revolution agenda in the Volta Region
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Royal Choice Academy wins Sinapi Aba’s green and sanitation contest for basic schools
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Ghana will go down the drain should 2023 budget be delayed – Deputy Finance Minister warns
- Peace Council moves to address allegations of ethnic identity-based discrimination, marginalization by Ewes
- Is it unrealistic to expect that my spouse’s life revolves around me?