Gladson Awako believes the unity in the camp of the Black Galaxies will ensure they do well at the 2023 African Nations Champion (CHAN).
The Black Galaxies have been in camp for more than two months since commencing their preparations in Prampram last year prior to the start of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Despite the lack of faith in the team by some Ghanaians, Awako, who is the captain of the side, believes the togetherness built in camp will be key to their progress in the competition.
“The team spirit has been good and we are all cooperating very well,” he said to the GFA media team.
“There is no selective communication, we all talk and the togetherness in the team is very great and if carry that to the tournament, it is going to help us get far in the competition.”
The Hearts of Oak man says being appointed as the skipper of the side brings a lot of tasks but he is trying his best to do the job of the coach on the pitch.
“When you are given that leadership role, you have a lot to do,” he added.
“On the field, you stand in for the coaches while they cannot get to the pitch and sometimes when their voices cannot get to the field. I also make sure I carry the team to control whatever we have to do on the field, and make sure we stay disciplined.”
Ghana’s first group game is against Madagascar on January 15, two days after the start of the competition.
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Kamala Harris hails immense impact of medical drone delivery in Ghana
- Black Stars team manager clarifies André Ayew teamsheet error against Angola
- Kamala Harris in Ghana: The US Vice President and the arts
- There’s still political interference in Ghana’s chieftaincy institution – Akyem Bosome Omanhene
- Old boy, DRW donate laptops to Mfantsipim
- Kamala Harris announces over $1bn investment into economic empowerment of women in Africa