Chief of Staff, Akosua Frema Osei-Opare has sued Managing Editor of the Herald Newspaper, Larry Dogbe for defamation.
She wants an Accra High Court to order Mr. Dogbe to pay her a total of GH₵20million for an alleged defamatory publication.
An August 3, 2022 publication in the newspaper is the basis for this legal action. Mrs Osei-Opare says the paper alleged that she had interfered in the disposal of some vehicles belonging to the Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation Company (BOST). This intervention is said to have resulted in a fraudulent process.
The Chief of Staff describes the allegations as untrue and geared at tarnishing her reputation.
In view of this, she wants “A declaration that the Defendants’ publication as particularized in the statement of claim that “The cars were disposed off under mysterious circumstances after an auction was halted midway in the name of the Chief of Staff in the Office of the President, Akosua Frema Osei-Opare” is defamatory of the Plaintiff and same was made without any basis.”
Again, she is demanding “An order of injunction directed at the defendants, agents, assigns, or privies from continuing to make any further defamatory publication about the Plaintiff” and “an order of court directed at the defendants to retract the said defamatory publication and render an unqualified apology in the same prominence as the defamatory publication.”
Find a copy of the suit below:
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- ‘I’m fed up’ – aspiring NDC chairman backs calls to oust incumbent Ofosu Ampofo, Asiedu Nketia
- Uganda’s president promotes son after he threatens to invade Kenya
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- #BigBrotherNaija records over 19m tweets by fans￼
- Uganda president apologises for son’s tweets on invading Kenya
- Illegal mining very endemic in Bosome Freho district – Lands Ministry
- US to begin screening travellers coming from Uganda for Ebola
- British officials released date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- Anny Osabutey: Ghana, a land of ‘beautyful’ nonsense!
- Kenyan socialite removes butt implants after life-threatening health scare
- Power Energy Ghana Exhibition slated for November 14, 2022
- Ghana’s gross reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in September 2022
- Samsung warns of 32% hit to profits on chip slump
- Bullied at school, bored on Love Island, now a podcast star