Rapper and singer Edem has heaped praises on the fast-rising artiste, Chief One for his determination.
He made this known after he was asked by Andy Dosty whether he had ever encountered the “Fire Dey” hitmaker, since they hail from the same region, Volta.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz via Hitz FM, he said: “Chief One is a representation of determination, period”.
According to Edem, Chief One once approached him while he was in a town in the Volta Region, Kpetoe, to tell him how he had been following in his footsteps, and how he revers the “Nyornuviade” hitmaker as his mentor.
On the heels of the support Edem threw behind Chief One, it prompted the question of whether the rapper would like to sign the young artist anytime soon.
In response, he said: “Maybe I might not sign him directly.
“But I can show my support by organizing seminars for them, speaking to them about branding, bringing resource people to talk to them, and collaborating with them,” Edem added.
From opening performances for bigger artists to regularly being on various stages to showcase his talent to the world, Chief One has cemented how determined he is to succeed in the music business.
With a cult following on social media, Chief One has risen through the ranks of being one of the artists to look out for in the Ghanaian music space.
Chief One has songs like ‘Nyemedzio’, ‘Mekamo’, ‘Young Boy’, ‘Feelings’ ‘Amin’, ‘Du-Agbe’, among other bangers.
He has been nominated for the 23rd edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards ‘Unsung Act of the Year’, a category in which BRYAN THE MENSAH, Ama Nova, Shugalord, King Maaga, Nautyca, RCEE, Roy X Taylor and Vanilla Muzik are listed.
He recently won the enviable ‘Next Rated Act of the Year’ category at this year’s 3 Music Awards.
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- List of key bondholders resisting Ken Ofori-Atta’s Domestic Debt Exchange
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- Exclusive: IMF and Ghana expected to reach staff-level agreement by Tuesday – Sources
- Debt Exchange: Policy will collapse insurance industry – Seth Aklatsi
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: Hookups; the ‘online version’ of prostitution and how it operates in Ghana
- Trevor Noah bids ‘The Daily Show’ goodbye after 7 years
- Channel energy to vocational and technical education – KSTU alumni tells government
- Price of chicken now ¢70 – Poultry farmers
- 2022 World Cup: Brazil crash out on penalties as Croatia advance to semis
- Lands Minister reopens Accra Zoo to public
- You are causing ministers to create kingdoms in their ministries – Mahama tells Akufo-Addo
- Mahama lectures Academic City University College students on leadership
- GreenFaith launches a multi-faith, multi-stakeholder campaign to keep fossil fuels in the ground in Ghana
- ‘Reduce number of judges at Supreme Court’
- Our memories we shared will never fade – Okomfo Kolege to late wife
- PURC Ghana ranked 4th in Africa Electricity Regulatory Index (ERI) 2022
- Ofori-Atta has exposed himself to public ridicule – Editor of ABC News
- Failed censure motion missed chance to see Akufo-Addo’s true allegiance – Bobby Banson
- 10 signs you’re definitely not over your ex