The Presbytery Chairman of the Ho Presbytery of the Global Evangelical Church, Rev Wilson Emmanuel Ashiegbie, has called on churches to make resuscitation of the depleted environment a priority.
He said they would be obeying God’s command to take care of the environment by doing this.
The Rev Ashiegbie said this at the 2010 Ho Presbytery Conference of the church at Ho-Fiave on the theme, “Faithful stewardship: Key to Divine Blessing.”
According to him, many Christians were environmentally unfriendly and appealed to them to “love the environment” if they want to be Godly.
The Rev Ashiegbie noted that most Christians dispose refuse indiscriminately, set bushfires, build in waterways and fell trees indiscriminately.
He appealed to leaders of churches to encourage their members to take up tree planting exercises and encourage them to begin to love the environment.
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
- Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
Aeronautic engineer was shot 12 times in the neck and chest; Family rejects account of 3 suspects
International Labour Organisation organizes workshop on how to raise funds for SMEs
George Floyd murder: Joe Biden says Derek Chauvin guilty verdict can be ‘moment of significant change’
Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
Eric Bonsu Agyabeng: Carnage on our roads – Tripod Beta perspective
Jerry Avornyotse: Traces of dictatorship creeping back to our democracy
George Floyd murder: Minneapolis police to face US federal probe
Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
Build more gyms away from Accra – Bukom Banku to government
There is no scheme against Techiman City FC – Samuel Anim Addo
I will bridge communication gap between Finance Ministry and the public – John Kumah
Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
Idriss Deby’s son named ‘president of the republic’
Teenager who filmed George Floyd’s death, posts emotional message following verdict
NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license