Former Amidaus Professionals coach Tanko Ibrahim Shaibu has revealed to Asempa Sports that he was sacked due to his refusal to stick to certain ad hoc decisions by some of the club management members.
The experienced coach who doubles as the head of sports department at the University of Education in Winneba has accused his bosses of interfering in his technical decisions on match days.
Shaibu was relieved off his post after Sunday’s 3-0 defeat at Hearts of Oak but he insists his dismissal has nothing to do with performance as reported earlier by the club.
“It is never true that I was sacked because I don’t listen. They wanted me to promote their interest which I believe is against the ethics and the professionalism of my job so I always refute it.
“They feel some players should be selected to play the league matches but most of these players I have sidelined do not follow my instructions as far as my training programme is concern and even those players cant help survive the team but rather push them into relegation zone”. He added.
Shaibu propelled Amidaus from their 14th position to 11th position with 24 points meaning coach Tanko grabbed 10 points from 7 matches, by wining 3, drawing 1, and losing 3 games.
Meanwhile, Amidaus has appointed former assistant coach of Liberty Professionals Fred Kwame Susu Gidiglo as interim head coach.
- Accra is second most expensive city in the world – Survey
- Complete abandoned E-block if you are frustrated – Akufo-Addo tells Aflao chief
- Shatta Wale remanded in police custody for one week
- Lil Win unites with Funny Face at Kaneshie District Court
- Kofi Kinaata drops visuals for Thy Grace singles
- Google agrees to integrate Ghana’s GPS into Google map system – Bawumia
- Ambassador to Italy, Eudora Quartey-Koranteng has died
- ‘I made a mistake’ – Akufo-Addo apologises for Cape Coast harbour comment
- Prof Nana Aba Appiah Amfo is 1st female Vice-Chancellor of University of Ghana
- Ursula Owusu-Ekuful could be NPP’s running mate in 2024 – Kwesi Pratt hints
Minority to file a motion seeking answers on the state of E-block projects
Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
Onion Sellers Association thank Akufo-Addo for relocation to Adjen Kotoku
World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
Stop conniving with foreign tile makers to shortchange Ghana – Mireku Duker to illegal clay miners
What makes a successful entrepreneur? – SamBoad Group CEO tells young Ghanaians
OccupyGhana’s letter to Special Prosecutor on unconstitutional time extension for public officers’ assets/liabilities declaration
MTN Group receives recognition on Fortune’s Change the World list
Ghanaian teachers are among the best in the world – Yaw Adutwum
Exports, fixed investment to contribute 0.8% to GDP in 2021 – Report
Fire guts house at Kwamo
Africa Makeup Fair, Awards slated for November
Pornhub owner settles with Girls Do Porn victims over videos
Paris Hilton pushes for US youth care abuse reform
Tax cheat schemes cost governments billions