Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD) is forecasting about 750,000 tonnes of cocoa production in the 2022/2023 crop season.
This is expected to be higher than the 2021/2022 production.
According to Reuters, Ghana’s graded and sealed (G&S) cocoa arrivals stood at 350,000 tonnes by December 15, 2022, since the start of this year’s harvest on October 1, up 76% from 199,000 tonnes in the same period the previous season.
G&S is cocoa that has been quality checked and sealed in bags by COCOBOD and is ready to be shipped.
Ghana achieved a historic feat of more than 1.14 million tonnes of cocoa production, about 45% increase in the 2020/2021 crop season.
However, this fell significantly in the 2021/2022 crop season though official figures are yet to be made available by COCOBOD.
The 2021 crop season started on October 7, 2022.
The producer price to be paid at all buying centers is ¢384 per load of 30 kilogrammes for grade 1 and 2 cocoa beans or ¢800 per bag of 64 kilogrammes. A tonne of 16 bags is however going for ¢12,800.
- You dare not close down schools – Mahama tells Education Minister
- Goats ate seedlings planted under Green Ghana project because they were not protected – Environmentalist
- No one can unseat me as Tamale South MP – Haruna Iddrisu
- Nominees for 2023 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- Kunde, the religion that combines Christianity and Traditionalism
- Ghana has no system to register Mohammedan marriages – Dwomoh
- Haruna Iddrisu files nomination to contest Tamale South parliamentary primaries
- ECG disconnects Energy Ministry over debt
- ECG hasn’t disconnected our power; we run on prepaid metres – Energy Ministry’s Communications Specialist
- Artificial Intelligence applications can curb corruption – Dr Kpodar
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for debt restructuring negotiations
- Top South African corruption investigator shot dead
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- Arsenal 4-1 Crystal Palace: ‘Fearless Gunners have a beautiful attitude’ – Martin Keown analysis
- Ashman Oh Gee unveils new song titled ‘Prison Life’
- Pay attention to marketing and customer experience to sustain AfCFTA – Prof Hinson
- Today’s front pages: Monday, March 20, 2023
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- GRA monitoring team recovers over ¢85m revenue shortfall
- Mahama to file nomination on March 21
- If you are unable to support underperforming schools, let someone else take over – Mahama to Adutwum
- Bayern loss leaves Dortmund on top of League
- Napoli thrash Torino as Inter lose to Juventus
- Indian Wells: Daniil Medvedev and Carlos Alcaraz through to final
- Antonio Conte criticises Tottenham Hotspur ownership and ‘selfish’ players