Audio By Carbonatix
The Nkawie Circuit Court has remanded into police custody, a 52-year-old farmer who allegedly defrauded a cocoa purchasing clerk at Nerebehi, in the Atwima-Nwabiagya South Municipality.
Amaning Kwarteng pleaded guilty to the charge and would make his next appearance in Court on February 07, this year.
Police Inspector Ruth Gborson, prosecuting, told the Court presided over by Mr Michael Johnson Abbey that, the complainant was the District Manager of the Eliho Touton Company, a cocoa processing company, while the accused was cocoa farmer.
She said on December 07 last year, the accused collected an amount of GHc 5,150.00, from the complainant and promised to supply 10 bags of cocoa beans to him.
The prosecution said after collecting the money, the accused went into hiding but the complainant who had mounted a search for him got information of his whereabouts and informed the police.
She said he was arrested and after investigations, the police charged him with the offence and brought him before the Court.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
GTA 6 leaks – a nightmare or a blip for the biggest video game of the year?
2 hours -
Two injured in stabbing attack at Canada Sikh temple
2 hours -
Modi spent years building his strong image – why is he making Gen Z reels now?
2 hours -
Canada ‘should fight’ as US trade deadline looms, Manitoba premier says
2 hours -
Man Utd agree £70m fee for Brighton’s Baleba
3 hours -
Inter-Agency Football Gala: YEA organize event as part of National Youth Month celebration
3 hours -
Receiver fights High Court order to hand over No.1 Oxford Street Hotel to Cheddar’s company
3 hours -
Partey begins new chapter in Saudi Arabia with Al Shabab
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: St. Francis Xavier deny debutants Pentecost SHS one-eighth spot
3 hours -
One killed in sword attack at Swedish school
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tamale SHS sweep aside Kalpohin, Wenchi Methodist to reach one-eighth stage
4 hours -
Tupac murder accused told police in 2008 his nephew fired fatal shots
4 hours -
Heart of the Beast to Practical Magic 2: 10 of the best films to watch this September
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tears of relief as Labone SHS survive Notre Dame Sem. in thriller to secure one-eighth spot
5 hours -
Onga Tomato Mix unveils Diana Hamilton as Brand Ambassador
5 hours