Audio By Carbonatix
The National Coordinator for the Computerized School Selection Placement System (CSSPS), Mark Sasu Mensah has said that his outfit has resolved about 80% of the challenges parents have encountered while enrolling their children into SHS.
Speaking at a press conference, he stated that the call centre set up by managers of the CSSPS ensured that parents with various challenges who called had their issues sorted out.
“The challenges were; those who want to change from day to boarding, those who want to convert from the grammar schools to the TVET, those who are not interested in the schools they got, so they want to change the schools, and one or two visually impaired people who also complained, but we have been able to resolve all these problems,” Mr Mensah said.
He added that “the call centre was set up this year and in the first week, we were receiving more than 7,000 calls per day. But as days went by, the number of calls reduced. So I can assure you in the one month that we started, we have received more than 300,000 calls and as a result, we have been able to resolve more than 80% of the challenges that parents and students experienced.”
Mr Mensah revealed that so far, a total of about 516,454 students have been placed in various schools while about 412,210 representing 80% of the total number placed have already enrolled in schools.
He noted that they are looking forward to ensuring that at least about 90% of the students placed successfully, enroll to continue their education.
Meanwhile, also at the press conference, Education Minister, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum encouraged parents of students who just gained admission to senior high schools to take their wards to school.
According to him, parents should not worry so much about meeting all the requirements on the prospectus before enrolling their children.
“Parents of Ghana, if your child has not reported to school yet because you are waiting to get all the items on the prospectus, I want you to know that my head teachers want to see you in school immediately.
“So even if you don’t have all your items, go to school the head teachers can’t wait to see you and welcome you in their schools,” he said on Tuesday.
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: Kpando SHS brush aside Abor, Jukwa to storm One-Eighth stage with 32 point gap
24 minutes -
Duncan Amoah: Gov’t should create conditions for 24-hour economy, not build markets
30 minutes -
JoyNews-Republic Bank Habitat Fair finale turns homeownership dreams into real possibilities
1 hour -
Bamiri chief commissions KG block, guest house to boost education and revenue
1 hour -
NSMQ 2026: Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ going ‘beck’ to Tanoso after Bishop Herman deals them early exit
2 hours -
Data Protection Commission acquires two vehicles to strengthen data protection enforcement
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
3 hours -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
5 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
5 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
5 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
6 hours -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
6 hours -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
6 hours -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
6 hours -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
6 hours