Today’s edition of JoyNews’ Newsfile delved into topical issues of interest that made headlines within the week.
The most topical is the domestic debt exchange programme which has been revised yet individual bondholders are insisting on total exemption.
Another issue to dealt with is Ghana’s 72nd position in the 2022 edition of the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI).
Last topic dissected is the Fourth Estate’s documentary which exposes some corrupt practices in the SHS placement system, whereby some parents and guardians are charged huge sums of money for their wards to be enrolled in their preferred SHSs.
Join in the discussion with Samson Lardy Anyenini as your host:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- You don’t need money to make money; you need mindset – Oscar Bimpong
- Fifa places worldwide ban on Tottenham managing director Fabio Paratici
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Playback: Kamala Harris engages women entrepreneurs
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Economic crisis: Accept your mistakes – Mahama to Akufo-Addo
- Urgently approve 3 new revenue bills to expedite IMF bailout – BoG Governor appeals to Parliament
- Uber and TechConnect Africa spotlight how tech can promote economic equity in Africa
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Black Stars: Eric Bekoe charges GFA to appoint Asamoah Gyan as part of technical team
- Ecobank committed to empowering unbanked, underserved Ghanaians through financial inclusion – MD
- Grave robbers steal body parts of albino Mozambican
- Akufo-Addo appoints Derek Kwaku Nkansah as PBC MD
- LGBTQ+: You’re the last person to lecture us on human rights – Sam George fires US Vice President
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs