Cuba Gooding Jr. once groped and forcibly kissed a woman while they were attending the Sundance Film Festival, ripping her tights and only stopping when she bit him to escape, Manhattan prosecutors allege in court papers Monday.
She is one of seven new women who have come forward alleging sexual misconduct by the 51-year-old movie star, bringing the number of his accusers to 22.
He has only been charged in three of the accusers’ alleged incidents, although prosecutors hope to introduce the other claims in court to prove a pattern of sexual abuse.
In January 2009, while attending the star-studded festival in Park City, Utah, Gooding allegedly invited a woman to another event, and the pair then went to a concert, the papers state.
When the woman told the actor she was going to leave, he “seemed agitated” and offered to walk her out.
In a back, secluded hallway, he “began to kiss [her] without consent” and when she pushed him away, noting Gooding was married, he “placed his hand on her buttocks,” the papers state.
Then he pushed “his hand forcefully into the crotch area of her tights, placing his fingers on her anus” and ripping her tights, prosecutors say.
The “Jerry Maguire” star only let the woman go when she bit his cheek, “causing him to recoil.”
The allegation is one of a slew against Gooding, dating back to 2003, and spanning six states: New York, California, Georgia, Utah, Texas and New Mexico.
In Atlanta in 2011, he groped a woman and, when she confronted him, said something to the effect of: “I know you want to be an actress; I can ruin you,” the filing states.
At Cafe Havana in Malibu, Calif., in 2016 he told a woman and her friend: “You guys are peeing on me tonight.” In December 2018, at the same bar, he told the same woman: “You’re going to sit on my face, pee in my mouth and pee all over me.”
A dozen women previously came forward about incidents Gooding hasn’t been charged in, including one who said he told her to “Sit on my face, pee in my mouth” at a Los Angeles bar in 2011.
“Defendant’s past behaviour shows that he routinely approaches women while at bars or nightclubs with whom he has had limited or no prior interaction, and touches them inappropriately,” the prosecutors argue in the papers.
Gooding faces six counts of misdemeanour sexual abuse and forcible touching involving three accusers. Prosecutors are asking a judge to allow the additional 19 accusers’ allegations to be considered at trial.
Gooding’s lawyer, Mark Heller, said in a statement Monday that his client “has and does deny all allegations of criminal conduct.”
“Unfortunately, people come out of the woodwork, making false allegations against Cuba, as often times happens when a celebrity is accused by the District Attorney’s Office in a Public Forum,” Heller said.
“The spurious, uncharged allegations offered by the District Attorney’s Office are so ancient and outdated and lacking in details and impairs the Defendant from defending against them; thus, it demonstrates that the District Attorney’s Office’s motive in introducing these inflammatory, uncharged allegations is not for any probative value, but to merely gain an advantage against the Defendant and prejudice the Jury against the Defendant.”
Gooding is due back in court Jan. 22.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Livestream: PM Express business edition discusses impact of policy rate on businesses
- Gertrude Agyemang: Customer Service Week and the ECG prepaid meter challenge
- NDC has no evidence to prove my involvement in ‘galamsey’ – Ellembelle DCE
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE
- 2 women in court over alleged assault on Besease M/A JHS teacher
- Alberta Mortty: I love my breast; I love my life more
- Assistant headmaster of Mpatasie D/A dies in ‘galamsey’ pit
- 36 arrested in Ejisu for alleged network marketing scamming
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- #NoToGalamsey: Failure to deal with ‘galamsey’ could lead to street terrorism – Prof. Gatsi
- AngloGold Ashanti pleased with community support to ward off illegal miners from Obuasi concession
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo
- Cities and Habitats, Ecobank launch ‘Rent to Own Boafo) home ownership package