Musician Okyeame Kwame has acknowledged the prowess of current Ghanaian rappers, saying they are much better than those of his era.
Speaking to Joy Prime‘s Ibrahim Ben-Bako, Okyeame Kwame said rappers of today are forced to be more creative, exciting and entertaining because of the competition they face.
“When we started rap, there were just a few rappers – Bright of Buk Bak, Exdoe, Chicago, Reggie Rockstone, VIP and Obrafour. We were just a few. Now, everyone knows how to rap and the world has become so small through the internet,” Okyeame Kwame said.
The ‘rap dacta’ made his statement at the Grand Cassamora hotel at Adjiriganor where he had gone to support rapper Kwame Yogot.
Kwame Yohot was premiering the music video for his new single ‘Nobody’.
He stated that “these guys are standing on the shoulders of giants like Reggie Rockstone, Lord Kenya; what people don’t know is these young rappers are way better than us. Kwame Yogot and the rest – they are much much better than us.”
He added that the competition rappers of this generation have to face is not just in Ghana but other parts of the world.
“There is competition from the US, Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa but still, these young rappers can be heard,” Okyeame Kwame added.
- Kofi Adoma assaulted by unknown men at Old Ashongman
- Commonwealth Games: Joseph Paul Amoah wins bronze in men’s 200m event
- Fire outbreak in Kronum community in Ashanti, 1 trapped
- Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah Hall clash: Persons found culpable will be sanctioned – UG Management
- Joseph Commey misses out on Commonwealth Games boxing gold after falling sick on fight eve
- Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah clash: Police deployed to UG campus
- Commonwealth Games: Sports Minister asks for report on Ghana’s disqualification from men’s 4x100m
- 18-year-old dies in Kronum fire while attempting to salvage father’s property
- Akufo-Addo commissions North East RCC Administration block
- Getting rid of defaulting political parties by EC is in the right direction – CDD-Ghana
KNUST Senior High Old Students launch endowment fund to support alma mater
Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund tempering great expectations after holding off Bayer Leverkusen
5 SMEs begin business development training at Recycle Up! Ghana
Kronum-Afrancho fire: 18-year-old SHS student burnt to death
Ghanaians must apologize to Moesha Buduong – Efe Keyz
Parties at loggerheads must not be compelled to engage in ADR mediation – Martin Nwosu
Asogli State ushers in 2022 Te Za with hiking on Adaklu Mountain
‘Your footprints will remain indelible in North East’ – Nayiri applauds Akufo-Addo
Insurance Industry to launch 2022 nation-wide blood donation campaign on Aug 9
Women should be advocates for Alternative Disputes Resolution – Dr. Korang
MyHelp-YourHelp Foundation organises free health screening at Ashiaman
Akufo-Addo commissions North East YEA multipurpose office
University of Ghana set to hold public discussion on academic freedom
‘Breaking the 8’ is possible but requires unity, peace among all party members – Dr Adutwum
Ghana finish 7th as Nigeria storm to 4x100m gold in Commonwealth Games women’s relay