The Devtraco Foundation, the corporate social responsibility (CSR) structure of the Devtraco Group, together with their partners, Innova DDB have presented FDA approved nose masks to underprivileged schools within the Ayawaso Municipal Assembly.
The donation is timely intervention as most schools have opened for final year students, with the rest set to join them in January 2021.
Speaking at the donation, Eugene Tettey-Fio who presented the nose masks to the schools on behalf of the Devtraco Foundation said the donation forms a part of Foundation’s commitment to ensure the wellbeing of their surrounding communities.
“As a not-for-profit organisation, our mission is to move beyond occasional Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities to a complete dedication to promoting the social wellbeing of our surrounding communities through sustained social initiatives.
From inception to date, the Devtraco Foundation together with partners, Innova DDB have been very instrumental in teaming up with other organisations to provide resources to make the lives of others in our communities much better”, he said.
Mr. Tettey-Fio further noted that the negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly on school children, makes it necessary for deliberate actions to be taken to mitigate the impact on teaching and learning.
According to him, “Indeed, with the global pandemic of COVID-19 negatively affecting our economy and the world at large, there has been the need to step up and provide basic services to make the lives of our future leaders a little bit more comfortable.
It is in this regard that the Devtraco Foundation and our partners – Innova DDB came up with this initiative to produce masks as per the FDA guidelines to be given out for free to these young ones so their learning is not impacted in any negative way”.
“Our strong belief in the potential of the students here and in what they can achieve, is motivation enough for us to provide them with essential tools – FDA approved nose masks so they can continue with their schooling and studies with a much reduced risk of exposure”, he added.
Mr. Tettey-Fio called on others to emulate the Devtraco Foundation’s initiative and give generously to others no matter how little.
He further encouraged all Ghanaians to observe all COVID-19 safety protocols by washing hands frequently, masking up always, and ensuring the appropriate social distancing whenever.
The donation is the fifth in the Devtraco’s COVID-19 fight dubbed #MaskUp Campaign.
- I feel victimised; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Arrest of Prof Frimpong-Boateng disrespectful, tone down – Prof Gyampo cautions Special Prosecutor
- If I were a thief, I would’ve been one of the richest Ghanaians – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Woman dies after eating poisoned chocolates sent by her ex-boyfriend’s jealous lover
- Playback: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Stop attacking us when you have no grounds – EC cautions NDC
- World Oceans Day: Ghana’s Fisheries Alliance platform calls for promotion of environmental and ecological sustainability use of ocean resources
- Greater Accra Regional Minster supports fire victims at Circle
- $164m loan to GNPC for JOHL acquisition without parliamentary approval unlawful – Report
- Gold for Oil: We have had no negative impact – GOIL Boss
- Ghana Premier League delegates to be reduced
- World Oceans Day: Government emphasizes the necessity of strengthening strategic alliances for improved ocean health
- Frimpong-Boateng’s arrest by OSP was lawful – Joseph Kpemka
- Pensioner Bondholders Forum to drag Finance Ministry to CHRAJ, resume picketing
- Telesto Strategy announces cohort selection for Climate Tech Accelerator for early-stage Ghanaian startups
- Put in place policies to help create business-friendly environment – logistics players to government
- Prudential Bank management calls on Ga Mantse; pledges to build strong relationship
- Circle fire victims receive GH¢90k support
- Very Rev Samuel Asante-Nnuro
- Ghana’s Bernard Tekpetey wins domestic double with Ludogorets Razgrad in Bulgaria