DJ Vyrusky emerged as the ‘DJ of the Year’ at the 2022 Ghana DJ Awards, after leading this year’s nominations with seven impressive nods.
He won two awards, namely the ‘Best Southern Zone DJ’ and the biggest honour of the night, ‘DJ of the Year’.
Born Kofi Amoako, DJ Vyrosky defeated other DJs – including DJ Faculty, DJ Sly King, DJ Mic Smith, DJ MJ, and DJ Aroma, to win the coveted prize.
The 10th edition of the annual show took place on Saturday, November 5, at the Silver Star Tower in Accra. The event was aired live on the ultimate entertainment and educational lifestyle channel, Joy Prime TV.
Speaking to Joy Entertainment on the sidelines of the show, DJ Vyrusky commended organisers and producers of the awards ceremony for the initiative, saying it has helped in the elevation of some unknown and upcoming DJs in the country.
“We should acknowledge Merqury Quaye a lot. I mean, every day things come up. I always win, but sometimes that’s not even the category I want to win.
“There are some categories I feel I have to win, but I never win. I feel I should win event DJ every year because I rock every event and I play almost every event in Ghana…”
“This is something that has helped us get recognised more. If not for Ghana DJ Awards, we wouldn’t have known some DJs in there,” he said.
He urged DJs who could not win any award to avoid saying foul things about the event, adding that the award is given based on hard work and is helping the industry.
The awards scheme has won the hearts of stakeholders in the showbiz industry and music fans alike in Ghana and beyond since its inception.
Hosted by award-winning DJ and radio show host Andy Dosty, the event featured some bigwigs, emotional tributes and big performances, including a surprise performance by ‘Soja’ hitmaker Black Sheriff.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery
- Banda Khalifa: The Manhyia Saga exemplifies a toxic work environment.
- Good Shepherd R/C JHS wins Junior Science and Maths Quiz 2022
- Masantewaa Emporium represents Ghana at Runway Dubai
- Ghana Muslim Mission commissions clinic for residents at Korle-Gonno
- Delay in speech development in children can be genetic – Speech therapist
- Tanzania to spend cash on schools instead of independence day
- Security guard gunned down on Tarkwa-Banso road
- Brosankro-Aprakukrom Murder: Bereaved families appeal to IGP
- Prices of hair extensions up as festive season nears
- Government has not demonstrated ‘we are in this together’ anthem – Titus Beyuo