Anafo awarded the penalty after winger Emmanuel Gyamfi had allegedly thrown himself in the box after minimal contact from Dreams captain Abdul Bashiru.
The decision was made much to the chagrin of the Dreams’ officials and players and Shardow had some harsh words afterwards.
"How can you describe this referee than being an armed robber? Okay fine he's not an armed robber because he doesn't have a gun so he is not armed," he told Joy Sports.
"But I think he is a murderer, I can even describe him as a murder because you're playing with people's heart. People have invested money to prepare their team very well for games, they come, play good football and you one-man singlehandedly take such a dubious decision.
"The referee failed to control the game. Just look at the number if cards he showed in the game."
He added: "We [Dreams] came here to play good football but the referee on the day wasn't poor because it's very deliberate. From the 70th minute he was looking for such opportunity and he took such a dubious decision.
"I think if we are to do football well in this country such characters as this referee should've been gotten rid off immediately."
Watch video of the penalty
— Ghanasoccernet.com (@Ghanasoccernet) August 8, 2016
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Government currently has zero equity interest in AngloGold Ashanti – Sam Jonah
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- IMF sounds alarm on UK tax cut plans
- Malawi’s John Chilembwe gets statue in London’s Trafalgar Square
- Medical and Dental Council’s directive only applies to students who are yet to graduate – Dr. Banyubala
- We provided opportunities for medical students from Ukraine to enroll in Ghanaian universities – Dr. Banyubala
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Claims GNPC is causing financial loss to the state in Genser deal misleading – Deputy Energy Minister
- The Council from 2017 had issues with medical training from certain parts of the world – Dr. Banyubala
- Police investigate drowning of Officer at Sefwi Amoaya
- Bui Power Authority committed to harnessing football talents within its enclave – Management
- Andre Ayew becomes Ghana’s joint most capped player alongside Asamoah Gyan
- West Africa Crypto and Fintech summit held in Accra
- Sthenjwa Luthuli explores freedom and social restriction in Imbewu Yokhokho exhibition
- Global Citizen Festival: Dancegod Lloyd couldn’t join us on stage because he was unavailable – DWP Academy’s Afrobeast
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the dilemma of Ghanaian medical students from Ukraine
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain