The Electoral Commission is holding a training workshop for directors and deputy directors at the Escape Hotel in Prampram despite a court injunction.
The workshop forms part of the Commission’s preparation towards the compilation of a new voters’ register.
On Friday, the MP for Ningo-Prampram, Sam George secured an injunction, restraining the Electoral Commission from holding the workshop in his constituency.
The ex-parte injunction, granted by the Tema High Court, is effective from Friday to Monday.
“It is hereby ordered that the respondent and all persons claiming through the respondent (EC) refrain from holding the workshop or conference scheduled to take place at the Escape Hotel Prampram from the 24th of April, 2020,” Justice of the High Court, Eugene Nyante Nyadu ruled on Friday.
But on Saturday morning, the EC and its directors were reported to have gone ahead to organize the workshop at the City Escape Hotel in apparent disregard of injunction.
According to Joy News’ Kwesi Parker Wilson, who has been to the hotel, there is heavy security at scene where some executive members of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) have gathered to push for the enforcement of the injunction.
- GRA locks up popular event center ‘Underbridge’
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- Black Sherif’s ‘Oh Paradise’ about late girlfriend gets fans emotional
- NSMQ 2022: Competing schools arrive on KNUST campus ahead of prelims
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- Posterity will judge Akufo-Addo, other leaders meanly if galamsey fight is not won – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- Rotaract Club of Ho supports Akrofu Xeviofe pupils with educational materials
- Members of pro-Alan group accuse Bawumia of campaigning contrary to National Council directive
- In pictures: Illegal mining activities in the Bosome Freho District
- BoG’s timing of policy rate adjustment was wrong – Economist
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: An open letter to Dr. Bawumia on the occasion of his 59th birthday
- Bawumia dances to ‘Buga’ song to mark 59th birthday
- Ellembelle District receives school infrastructure project from Eni Ghana and Partners
- Coachella files copyright infringement lawsuit against Afrochella
- We failed to deal with local triggers of inflation before Russia-Ukraine war – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana Music Awards UK comes off on October 29
- Samira Bawumia celebrates husband on 59th birthday
- Laboratory scientists call for establishment of public health emergency preparedness fund
- It cost ₵200k to produce ‘Run For Your Wife’ play – George Quaye
- Halt PPP arrangement for a laboratory facility – Medical Laboratory Professionals tell government
- Nima Dreams: A documentary about how lack of infrastructure is affecting talent growth