The Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) has disconnected Best Crystal Hostel from the national grid.
The power distributor said the hostel has stolen power for the past three years amounting to ¢400,000.
The disconnection was undertaken on Friday, August 26.
It disclosed that its field officers detected the illegality after visiting the premises of the hostel to audit its meter installations.
“The Best Crystal Hostel located in the Greater Accra Region was on Friday, August 26, 2022, disconnected from the national grid for stealing power to the tune of ¢400,000 for three years.
The illegality was detected by the ECG’s field staff who were visiting the facilities to audit meter installations as part of efforts to clamp down on power theft and other illegal activities.”
Notice of surcharge has been issued to the hostel subsequently.
“The facility has been served with a notice by the ECG to be surcharged and sanctioned,” the power distributor said in a statement.
It has also cautioned the public to disgust from activities to avoid prosecution.
“Costumers and the general public are advised to desist from all forms of illegality to avoid prosecution,” the statement concluded.
- Asamoah Gyan’s run, Bagbin’s dance and Black Stars fans’ clean-up as fans celebrate S. Korea win in style
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: 5 things Otto Addo must fix after our game with South Korea
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- MTN Ghana to deactivate over 5.7 million subscribers SIM cards
- ‘Council of State is receiving more money than the Food and Agric Ministry’ – Joe Jackson
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- ADB appoints Yakubu-Tali as new MD
- World Bank concerned about Ghana becoming more reliant on natural resource extraction
- Juniors Wheelchair Tennis Training Camp comes off in Cape Coast
- Kolo Touré: Championship side Wigan Athletic appoint Ivory Coast great as manager
- Every Ghanaian owes over ¢15k with the current debt stock
- 98% of medical devices, disposables and equipment are imported – manufacturers & suppliers call for action
- Kantamanto fire: We are providing additional support – Police
- China Covid: Chinese TV censors shots of maskless World Cup fans
- Cities and Habitats (Rent-to-own) honoured at 14th Ghana Property Awards
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- EU commits €1m to strengthen operational capacity of Ghana Immigration Service
- Will Smith says bottled rage led him to slap Chris Rock at the Oscars
- Vodafone Business urges rural banks to leverage technology for business growth
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- Bright Simons: Ghana’s golden gambit on Oil
- Scaling up play-based learning in Ghana, from decision to implementation and sustainability
- Entire board of Serie A club Juventus announces resignation