Some residents in the Ejisu Municipality of the Ashanti region are incensed at a dangerous scene of a heavy-lifting machine which was seen carrying timber in a busy traffic intersection on the Ejisu-Kumasi highway.
The log-lifting machine posed danger to commuters, including pupils on a school bus, as the driver maneuvered his way around in attempts to transport the log on Tuesday, January 25.
Traders and motorists panicked at the scene.
According to residents, a timber-carrying truck had a burst tyre which required the offloading of the logs onto another truck.
The process got bizarre as a heavy-lifting machine attempted to lift a log from one end of the road to the other.
Traders and commuters panicked as the log-carrying machine drove along the busy intersection.
A driver, Isaac Assuming, wants the government to properly regulate the transportation of timber.
“What happened could be disastrous, the government must call them to order, they cannot continue to use old-trucks to transport logs,” he said.
The Ejisu Municipal Assembly says it is working with the police to ascertain what actually happened for appropriate sanctions.
- Ghana classified among 10 countries globally at risk of debt distress – CFR Sovereign Risk Tracker
- Ashanti Regional NPP delegates conference: Voting suspended for the 2nd time after protest from Chairman Odeneho
- Chairman Wontumi re-elected as Ashanti Regional NPP Chairman
- Lil Win’s ex wife reacts after he remarries, calls him an opportunist
- Champions League agony for Liverpool as Real Madrid win
- About 70% of the Achimota Forest Reserve is gone – Bright Simons
- Incumbent Greater Accra Regional chairman, Divine Otoo Agorhom retained
- The new youngest self-made billionaire in the world is a 25-year-old college dropout
- Photos and videos: Hitz FM’s Rep Ur Jersey underway at Aviation Social Centre
- NPP delegates in Bono East Region elect new chairman
Dr Pounds’ Dwɛtɛɛ FC outclasses Merqury Quaye’s Turn Up FC again at Hitz FM’s Rep Ur Jersey
Hitz FM’s Rep Ur Jersey 2022 records massive participation
Let’s remain united in order to break the 8 in 2024 – Retained NPP Volta Regional Chair
‘You’ll never walk alone’ trends on Twitter after Liverpool’s UCL Cup loss
I will use my second term to correct my past mistakes – Newly elected Upper West NPP chair
You left a will that includes all of us – Naana Opoku-Agyemang to late President Mills
Pollution of water bodies by galamsey at an alarming proportion – Water Resources Commission
Makafui Kofi Woanyah retained as Volta Regional NPP Chairman
Champions League agony for Liverpool as Real Madrid win
Chairman Wontumi re-elected as Ashanti Regional NPP Chairman
Incumbent Greater Accra Regional chairman, Divine Otoo Agorhom retained
We are working towards victory in 2024 – John Boadu
Commercialise prosecution of corruption and corruption related offenses – Domelevo to government
Hitz FM’s ‘Rep Ur Jersey 2022’ in pictures
Mind your business – Stefflon Don takes social media by surprise with Burna Boy ‘diss track’