A Kumasi High Court has granted bail to one of the accused persons standing trial for the murder of social media activist, Ibrahim Mohammed, also known as Kaaka.
It followed a bail application filed by Setutsinam Anaglate, a lawyer for Kaaka’s brother, Iddi Mohammed.
The accused is to satisfy a bail bond of ¢100,000 with two sureties to be justified.
Despite being granted bail, Iddi Mohammed is yet to meet the bail bond to regain his freedom.
On March 11, a Kumasi High Court granted bail to two of the accused persons standing trial over the murder of social media activist, Ibrahim Mohammed, also known as Kaaka Macho.
It followed a bail application filed by counsel for Issakar Ibrahim, also known as Anyars and Fuseini Alhassan.
The two known New Patriotic Party (NPP) Polling Station Executives, and a third accused person, Mohammed Iddi, who is a brother to the late activist, have been on remand over the last 9-months following their arrest in June last year.
Issakar Ibrahim, a ticket seller, and Fuseini Alhassan, a butcher, were arrested after some irate youth of Ejura attacked them, following the death of Kaaka Macho, after three days of admission at the Komfo Anokye Hospital.
The death of Kaaka Macho sparked clashes, leading to the killing of two others in Ejura.
Police prosecutor on the murder case, Chief Superintendent Kofi Blagodzi, said the Attorney-General will soon come out with advice to be submitted to the trial judge.
He said the judge at the Asokwa Magistrate Court, Akua Adu Boahen, expects the prosecutors to tender the advice.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- GSE is worst performing stock market in Africa; suffers from cedi depreciation
- 18 maternal mothers detained at the Eastern Regional Hospital rescued by Kabaka Foundation
- Torrential rains likely to cut-off Sunyani-Techiman highway
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa