Manchester United’s £82m new boy Antony scored on his debut and Marcus Rashford got two as Erik ten Hag’s men ended Arsenal’s 100% start to the season at Old Trafford.
The Brazilian opened the scoring 10 minutes before half-time in the pulsating duel, sweeping a shot into the far corner.
Rashford claimed the assist for that and then, after Bukayo Saka had levelled on the hour, the England striker profited from two clinical United counter-attacks.
Bruno Fernandes was at the heart of both, splitting the Arsenal defence for Rashford’s first, then sending Christian Eriksen clear as the Dane provided the striker with a tap-in.
It was Rashford’s first Premier League double since December 2020, helping lift them to fifth in the table.
Arsenal remain top. However, after their excellent start to the season, manager Mikel Arteta will be concerned at how easily his side were opened up, although the Gunners did have a first-half Gabriel Martinelli goal ruled out by VAR.
Arteta said: “The game was there for the taking. We haven’t won it because we lacked some discipline in some moments and we weren’t ruthless enough in front of goal.
“If we play with more courage we win the game. It is a big lesson – if you want to win here you have to do everything so right.”
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- ‘Thank you Dede Ayew’, tweets ‘praise’ Stars captain for missed penalty as Brazil mauls South Korea
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- All Agenda 111 hospitals cannot be completed by 2024 – NPP MP
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- IMF is getting cold feet on deal with Ghana – Ricketts-Hagan alleges
- Debt Exchange: Do not touch our pensions – TUC warns government
- Work on terminal section of Boankra inland port in progress
- Debt exchange programme was not discussed in Parliament – Dr Ato Forson
- Our government is not a perfect institution; criticisms are welcome – John Kumah
- Check for speech error in your babies – Parents advised
- Minority not against National Cathedral – Haruna Iddrisu
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Man jailed 21 years for shooting Lady Gaga’s dog walker
- Biography of Prof. Justice Henrietta Mensa-Bonsu to be launched in Accra
- Fifa opens disciplinary proceedings against Uruguay FA and four players after Ghana clash
- No more airplane mode – EU to allow calls on flights
- Huawei equips 500 traders with Financial Technology￼
- UK consumers tighten belts before Christmas as cost of living bites
- So many people in Ghana camp at the World Cup may have been a distraction – Osei Owusu Bempah
- 9 drown during baptism ceremony in Johannesburg
- ‘It is injurious to pension contributors’ – Chamber of Corporate Trustees reject Debt Exchange programme