A fake journalist who claims to work for Onua Fm has been arrested by some residents of Gomoa Buduburam and handed over to Buduburam Police station for extortion.
Frank Basowa has been accused of allegedly extorting ₵100 from some shop owners who he claimed to have defied the lockdown directive, although Buduburam in the Goma East District is not part of the areas under lockdown.
According to the Unit Committee Members at Gomoa Buduburam, Frank and his accomplice have been visiting shop owners and taking the amount and closed shops of people who failed to pay.
Further investigations by the Committee revealed Frank was neither sent by the military officers nor was he a staff of Onua FM but was using a fake ID card to defraud traders of the area.
In an interview with Adom News, one victim recounted how Frank closed down his drinking spot because he could not afford the required ₵100.
He added that several others had their shops closed for the same reason.
This prompted an investigation after which they discovered he was a fake journalist.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Debt servicing relief: China pledges to support Ghana
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- U.S government to send resident advisor to help Ghana attain debt sustainability
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Afriyie Barnieh, Issahaku and Nuamah start for Black Meteors against Algeria
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor eulogises late Kumawu MP, Philip Basoah
- Build partnerships to increase digital inclusion – Kamala Harris
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Together we will address the challenges we face – Kamala Harris on partnership with Africa
- Falling oil price only explanation for low fuel prices
- Policy rate increase will exacerbate challenges confronting businesses, hamper growth and employment – GNCCI
- You don’t need money to make money; you need mindset – Oscar Bimpong
- Banks record significant losses due to DDEP – BoG
- US is committed to strengthening relationship with Africa – Kamala Harris
- Bond market: Trading activity in government bonds slumps by 15.5
- Let’s continue to invest in good governance, democracy – Kamala Harris
- T-bills auction: Government to borrow ¢1.34bn this week
- We’ll fish out our MPs who approved Akufo-Addo’s ministers – Joseph Yamin
- Cedi starts week on strong note; $1 now ¢12.25