Board member of Accra Hearts of Oak, Vincent Sowah Odotei, has highlighted the lack of entertainment in Ghana football among his tall list of reasons that have occasioned poor patronage of Ghana’s top-flight league.
The Ghana Premier League (GPL) has been hit by poor stadium attendance in recent years with clubs struggling to rake in the needed revenues from gate proceeds to sustain them.
Nhyira FM and Luv FM have embarked on a radio campaign to highlight factors affecting low attendance at premier league matches and championing recommendations to improve patronage of the local league.
Sowah Odotei, speaking in an exclusive interview on Nhyira Fm stressed, Ghana football lacked the expected entertainment that will attract and drive fans to watch games at the stadiums.
He elaborated the multifaceted challenges that have occasioned low turnout at match centres.
Among the problems highlighted are:
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Pete Edochie reacts to death of grandson
- Bawumia launches GRA’s E-Tax Compliance Certificate to facilitate revenue mobilisation
- Photos: Adom FM and Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration with Durbar
- We were told he’s busy – National Film Authority reacts to Spike Lee’s comments
- New James Bond story ‘On His Majesty’s Secret Service’ commissioned to celebrate King Charles’ coronation
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Gwyneth Paltrow awarded $1 and cleared of fault over ski crash
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Anny Osabutey: At what point do we call ourselves a sovereign nation?
- Absa Group announces net zero targets as part of Broader Sustainability/Sustainable Finance Goals
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Avoiding the new marketing myopia – returning marketing to its noble roots
- Gold Mafia: Zimbabwe’s implicated preacher orders attack on anyone accuses him of smuggling
- Playback: Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death