A 61-year-old pensioner has died after he drowned in 10 feet abandoned manhole.
Patrick Gyamesi’s unfortunate incident occurred Friday at Fetteh Kakabra near Gomoa Buduburam in the Gomoa East District of the Central Region.
An eyewitness who spoke to Adom News’ Kofi Adjei said until he was found in the manhole, the pensioner was reported missing by his family.
Family members after searching for him for hours went to the local information centre which he operates to make a public announcement but had to stop due to the fee such services attract.
Kwame Agyafo said, hours after the family left his premises around 1 am, the ex-fire officer was found dead in the abandoned manhole.
Confirming the incident, the younger brother of the deceased, Benjamin Gyamesi said his brother had been known to sit and drink with friends since he came home on pension last year.
He said, while he cannot confirm if the deceased was drunk which resulted in the incident, the family will be grateful if the body is released by the Ghana Police Service for immediate burial.
The Chief of Fetteh Kakraba, Nana Essel Amoanquandor III who was devastated by the incident cautioned all landlords in the area to avoid leaving their manholes opened.
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- Officials of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall picked up for tax violations
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- Cost of fuel: Ghanaians must pay fair market prices – PUMA Energy President
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Pay Toure over ¢100k within 45 days or face transfer ban – FIFA orders Medeama
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Don’t stop attending church because of my broken marriage – Osofo Kyiri Abosom tells congregation
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Exposé on school placement: Education Minister and I should take full responsibility – Prof. Opoku Amankwah
- Priscilla Aseye Febiri: 2023 top trends & insights about Influencer Marketing
- I just wanted to whisper in Efya’s ear – S3FA explains viral kissing video
- Government must reprioritise its educational needs – Ablakwa
- My next girlfriend will enjoy a more sophisticated me – Kwabena Kwabena
- Northern Development Authority CEO, 3 others plead not guilty to corruption charges, granted bail
- Consumption and expected cost for new tariff to be catalogued in Reckoner – ECG
- Danger looms as school children around Tapa Abotoase risk their lives for education
- Korle Bu Hospital doctors threaten strike over unpaid arrears
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Former UGSRC Veep vows to defeat John Dumelo in Ayawaso West NDC primaries
- 3 teacher unions call on GES to halt emergency transfers
- Bond market turnover falls by 54% to ¢954.15m
- Michael Jackson’s nephew to play singer in new biopic
- Fanmilk PLC rewards 74 trade partners in ‘Bronya Akyede Kese’ promo
- ‘You can’t transform basic education if you keep cutting budget for the sector’