Scores of Ghanaian artisans including musicians, artists, fashion designers and models, have set-up the first locally acknowledged free-artistic-market at the Nyaniba Estate Park in Accra, Ghana News Agency observed on Saturday.
The free-artistic-market, which operates every first Saturday in the month, showcased Ghanaian design foot wear, handicraft, batik, fashionable designer costumes, stylish ladies outing dresses, gent-wear, and general goods.
The sparkling traditional market was initiated by Yasmeen Helwani Nsiah, popular Ghanaian Musician and daughter of the late legendary Ghanaian Music Producer and exponent of contemporary highlife and Ghanaian traditional music, Faisal Helwani.
Yasmeen told the Ghana News Agency, the concept of the free-artistic-market was an opportunity to create a platform for artistic stakeholders to sell their products, interact directly with customers and funs; and offer people with products to dispose-off unhindered market.
Goods at the free-artistic-market were moderately priced to the surprise of the people, who visited the place.
Nana Darkoa Sekyiamah, Head of Business Development of MAKIS Clothing, told the GNA, free-artistic-market is a fashionable show with fun and creative way of highlighting some of the ethical issues surrounding the fashion industry.
The GNA observed that the free-artistic-market attracted cross section of the general public who seemed curious about the concept of the artistic market.
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
- Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
International Labour Organisation organizes workshop on how to raise funds for SMEs
George Floyd murder: Joe Biden says Derek Chauvin guilty verdict can be ‘moment of significant change’
Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
Eric Bonsu Agyabeng: Carnage on our roads – Tripod Beta perspective
Jerry Avornyotse: Traces of dictatorship creeping back to our democracy
George Floyd murder: Minneapolis police to face US federal probe
Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
Build more gyms away from Accra – Bukom Banku to government
There is no scheme against Techiman City FC – Samuel Anim Addo
I will bridge communication gap between Finance Ministry and the public – John Kumah
Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
Idriss Deby’s son named ‘president of the republic’
Teenager who filmed George Floyd’s death, posts emotional message following verdict
NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
Chrissy Teigen says Kim Kardashian ‘gave her all’ to her marriage with Kanye West