Rapper Future is impressed with the vocal dexterity of Nigerian songstress Tems after featuring her on his hit single ‘Wait For U’.
Future sampled Tems’ live performance of her song Higher produced by Alt Jacobs.
In a series of posts on Twitter, the rapper revealed that the moment he heard the singer’s song it touched his soul.
“Even tho wait for u is a sample and not an original recording I still put Featuring @temsbaby if u wasn’t familiar with her work. Thank u Tems,(sic)” he wrote.
In a now-deleted tweet Future added “@temsbaby voice is amazing.”
This comes days after ‘Wait For U’ debut at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
The track also featured Canadian artiste, Drake.
It is the seventh track on Future’s new album, I Never Liked You.
While this is her first No.1, Tems had earlier debuted on the Hot 100 last year October, with her feature on Essence remix.
The hit song by Wizkid also featured Justin Bieber and peaked at No. 9 on the charts.
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- Agyinasare says he has no intention to cast a slur on Nogokpo and Voltarians
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Turkish election victory for Erdogan leaves nation divided
- Lawrence Agyekum & Forson Amankwah win Austrian league title with Red Bull Salzburg
- World Bank releases additional $150m for Odaw Basin flood control
- Amedzorfe chief Okusie Akyem Foli V laid to rest
- GPL: ‘We are out’ – Paa Kwesi Fabin says Aduana cannot win title
- Virtual InfoSec builds Bank of Ghana’s state-of-the-art cybersecurity centre
- Yhaw Hero back with new song ‘Cold War’
- Today’s front pages: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: ECG’s revenue mobilisation drive: simply the best
- DreamChild Foundation poised for exciting HoodTalk Music Festival
- Legon Cities defeat drags Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- Government is resolute to ensure all-inclusive access to education – Bawumia
- New parliament: PM Modi inaugurates building amid opposition boycott