The Ghana Armed Forces has justified its decision to establish and run its own bank.
The bank which will be cited in Burma Camp is called the Universal Bank and will serve the military officers and their civilian counterparts.
Even though the bank is still in its initial stage of construction some members of the public have criticized the military for veering into an area which is not the core business of the military.
They charged the military to concentrate on its core duty which is to protect and defend the territorial integrity of the country.
But speaking to Joy News, the Director of Public Relations Col Mbawine Atintande told Joy News the public criticisms are unjustified.
He said many people are ignorant about the core duties of the military and yet make pronouncements to suggest that the military is veering away from its core duty.
He stated emphatically that the military in running a bank will not be distracted in carrying out its duties to the country.
He said if the country is attacked the military will be ready to defend this country.
He said instead of criticizing the military, they should assisted and encouraged to do the right thing.
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- 13 reasons behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
- NRSA petitions MTTD to investigate Cocobod vehicle that broke traffic regulations
- Kuami Eugene reacts after KiDi said his communication is poor
- Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- Kuami Eugene describes critics of his attire during Range Rover presentation as shallow
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
Positive portrayal of women in arts is everyone’s responsibility
There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about him
Notorious counterfeit baron arrested at Gomoa Buduburam
Tonto Dikeh urges others to sign petition to get Akuapem Poloo pardoned
Estate developer dragged to court for supplying untreated water
Court rejects bail application of business executive held over spousal murder
KMA to offer support to Kumasi Central market fire victims
I almost quit music – Amakye Dede
What I learned when my ex-boyfriend dumped me on Valentine’s Day
Bare with us concerning ‘dumsor’ timetable – GRIDCo
The moment society taught me what it meant to be a woman
Government is expanding TVET education to increase enrollment – Kumawu MP
Volta Region records 137 road crashes in first quarter of 2021
Joe Ghartey missed out on ministerial appointment due to his flagbearer ambition – Ben Ephson
Persistent cement price increases raise concerns among building construction players