Dr. Marius Haas, Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany on Monday donated twelve vehicles and a variety of equipment worth Euro 480.000 (GH¢664.000) to the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF).
The donation, including Mercedes Benz trucks, office equipment and accessories formed part of the Euro 1,400,000 support made by the Federal Republic of Germany to Ghana’s Ministry of Defence and the Ghana Armed Forces which took effect from 2005 to 2008.
Dr. Marius Haas said the year 2007 did not only mark the 50th anniversary of Ghana alone but also the 50th anniversary of Germany-Ghana political, economic, cultural relations and economic co-operation.
He commended GAF for being the only African country that had consistently participated in so many civil missions of the Economic Community of West Africa States (ECOWAS).
According to the Ambassador, there were more projects envisaged to be implemented in 2008 by the German Military Advisory Group, including the completion of the Disaster Management Centre at the Engineers Training School, improvement of Medical Reception Point in Ho and Takoradi and the establishment of an Engineer Company for the ECOWAS Standby Force.
Mr William Ofori Boafo, Deputy Minister of Defence said the relations between Ghana and Germany had benefited the Ministry of Defence and the Ghana Armed Forces immensely including the provision of the seed money for the construction of the first phase of the Kofi Annan International Peace Keeping Centre.
He thanked the German government for the gesture.
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
Cadres Tema meeting doesn’t conflict with NDC retreat – Kunbour
500 Covid-19 vaccines expire due to low patronage in some regions
Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
Afienya, Ashaiman, Katamanso and other areas in Accra to have interrupted supply – Water Company
2 drug traffickers excrete 191 pellets of cocaine, heroin at Nigerian airport
Japan Motors launches New Nissan Sunny in Ghana
Security man in trouble for allegedly defiling 4-year-old girl
NIC commends Allianz Insurance and UBA on bancassurance partnership
WHO data shows taking vaccines 12 weeks after first dose more potent – Dr Kwame Amponsah-Achiano
Landlords who demand over 6 months rent advance from tenants could be jailed – Rent Control
2021 global food policy report: Rebuilding food systems after Covid-19
Dr Theresa Mannah-Blankson and Haruna Alhassan: Ghana’s post-pandemic Eurobond ‘success’
eTranzact secures Enhanced PSP license from BoG
Man remanded for defiling 3-year-old girl
Linda Dor stopover becomes hell for passengers as thieves raid VIP bus