Former Black Stars skipper, Asamoah Gyan, was received well by some Ghanaian workers after making his entry to the Ghana Pavilion Tuesday, March 9, at the ongoing Expo 2022 in Dubai.
Gyan, who attended the event as an ambassador for Ghana was mobbed by the workers, with the latter using the opportunity to take pictures and get autographs with the veteran forward.
Known for his usual morale songs during his playing days with the Black Stars, the fans also sang to Gyan as he headed to the event.
Gyan, after the event also spent time at his former club in the United Arab Emirates, Al Ain, where he played for three years.
The 36-year-old ended his maiden campaign with the club as the top scorer after 22 league goals and helped them win their tenth league title.
He also finished the 2013 UAE season as the highest scorer as his side retained their league title.
Watch the video of how Asamoah Gyan was mobbed in Dubai below:
- “We shall also be blessed with Ghana Miracle” – Finance Minister speaks on economy recovery
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- ‘Impugning the motives of Judges is actually undermining integrity of Judiciary’ – Judges and Magistrates Association
- UTAG, 3 other university labour unions threaten to go on strike on October 5
- GFA suspends AshantiGold SC for dealing with banned club president and son
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- Ghana will transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy by 2070 – Bawumia
- GTA boss names agency in copyright feud with Kirani Ayat, reveals how footage was obtained
- Ghana elected Chair of the Commonwealth ITU Group
- 19 die after drinking toxic alcohol
- 21 Ghanaians to receive Global Summit awards
- Ebola outbreak in Uganda detected late – WHO
- CLOSAG accuses government of infiltrating it with party members
- Catholic charity shutdown after 60 years of operation
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- Ghana’s ‘Borga’, ‘Road to My Father’s Compound’ lead race for AMAA 2022 gold
- Emmanuel Agyemang Badu invited for CHAN draw
- Pernod Ricard Ghana partners ‘Let’s Do It Ghana’ to mark World Cleanup Day
- R. Kelly to pay $300,000 to victim in sex crimes
- Minister of Transport leads aviation experts to 41st ICAO Triennial Assembly in Montreal, Canada
- International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste 2022 – “Stop food waste for the people and the planet”
- QLAC MD is new President of Association of Insurers and Reinsurers
- 11 takeaways from GFA decision to suspend ongoing Premier League season