A 2-year-old girl in China washed her father’s MacBook with soap after hearing him say it was full of “trash” during breakfast.
The incident happened inside the family’s home in China’s Shandong province on October 20 when the girl’s mother, Zhang, heard the water running inside their bathroom.
Zhang was shocked to find her husband’s MacBook submerged in soapy water and their daughter preparing to wash the laptop with more soap.
Zhang filmed the incident and later shared it online. The video shows the 2-year-old girl, nicknamed Duomi, washing the “dirty” laptop in a basin with water running over it.
She prepares to lather the laptop with more soap before her mother pulls the MacBook out from the water.
“Her father was asleep and snoring loudly. I heard someone was doing something in our bathroom,” the mother reportedly told local newspaper Jinan Times. “I entered the bathroom and saw what my daughter was doing. I almost died from anger.”
She later explained that their daughter heard her father, surnamed Wang, complaining that “there was too much trash on his computer” while eating breakfast and took it upon herself to help clean it for him.
Zhang tried to turn on the 9,000 yuan (approximately $1,245) Apple laptop shortly after and again days later but to no avail. While the mother admitted she felt angry at first, she could not help but be amused by her daughter’s gesture to help her father.
“At that time I really wanted to hit her to teach her a lesson. But my second thought was that she is too young to understand what she did was wrong,” she said.
The video reportedly went viral on Weibo, where it has been viewed over 100 million times. Some users found humor in the viral clip, with one writing, “What a good job she’s done! Only thing is that it wasted a computer.”
Another Weibo user shared a similar experience they had with a family member, writing, “My younger sister liked washing mobile phones when she was two-three years old. My father’s, my mother’s and my mobile were all put in the water by her. She has been beaten for this, but she didn’t remember the lesson.”
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group