Hollywood has rocked the internet with a glimpse of a monster new offering — “Godzilla vs Kong.”Movie fans around the world have reveled in the trailer, which runs for almost two-and-a-half minutes and features just about everything you might want from a face-off between a leviathan lizard and a supersized gorilla.
Legends will collide. Watch the long-awaited official trailer for #GodzillaVsKong, coming to theaters and streaming exclusively on @HBOMax*.— Godzilla vs. Kong (@GodzillaVsKong) January 24, 2021
*Available on @HBOMax in the US only, for 31 days, at no extra cost to subscribers. pic.twitter.com/ygUDjoXwT8
“Legends will collide,” teased Warner Bros as it unveiled a sneak peek at the new movie, which will see “the two most powerful forces of nature clash on the big screen in a spectacular battle for the ages.”
The movie, directed by Adam Wingard, stars Alexander Skarsgard, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall and young newcomer Kaylee Hottle as an orphaned girl with a special bond with the mighty ape.
In publicity material, Warner Bros, which, like CNN, is owned by AT&T (T) subsidiary WarnerMedia, said: “The epic clash between the two titans — instigated by unseen forces — isonly the beginning of the mystery that lies deep within the core of the Earth.”
The latest offering from Warner Bros’ MonsterVerse franchise hits theaters on March 26, but it will also be available free to stream for a month to HBO Max subscribers in the US.
The studio has not yet issued a release date for elsewhere around the world.
Back in December, Warner Bros, the world’s second-largest movie studio, announced plans to stream all of its 2021 movies at the same time they hit theaters.
WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar said in a blog post some of the highlights included “The Little Things,” “Tom & Jerry,” “In The Heights” and “Dune.”
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected
Italian Open: Rafael Nadal to play Novak Djokovic in Rome final
GPL: WAFA deepen Legon Cities’ relegation woes
Leicester win FA Cup for the first time after last-gap Chelsea equaliser ruled out
Investigating assault on Caleb Kudah: I don’t trust National Security – Ken Ashigbey
Juventus edge Inter Milan in thriller to keep Champions League hopes alive
Lewandowski equals Muller’s Bundesliga goals record in Bayern draw
Zlatan Ibrahimovic ruled out of Euro 2020 with knee injury
Disband National Security Ministry- Samson Lardy Anyenini
I stopped being a member of GJA because of its President – Manasseh Azure
Asantehene’s involvement in galamsey fight a big impetus – Abu Jinapor
Arrest of Citi FM Journalists: National Security boss should be held to account – Audrey Gadzekpo
We need to guard against religious chauvinism – Harruna Iddrisu
Investigative Journalism is becoming scarier – Manasseh Azure
NCCE Director calls on Ghanaians to respect each other