Audio By Carbonatix
Harvey Weinstein has pleaded not guilty to charges of sexual assault in Los Angeles.
The Hollywood mogul, 69, was brought into court on Wednesday in a wheelchair after losing his bid to block extradition from New York.
Weinstein appeared in the city where he made his name as a producer, charged with 11 counts of sexual assault in California relating to five women.
The charges include four counts of rape and two counts of sexual battery and he faces up to 140 years in prison.
His lawyer entered a not guilty plea to all charges and said he planned to challenge three of the counts, citing the state's statute of limitations.

Weinstein spoke briefly during the five-minute part of the hearing open to the public.
Judge Sergio Tapia told him, "good luck Mr Weinstein", to which the convicted rapist replied: "Thank you very much."
No bail was granted.
Weinstein was flown to Los Angeles from New York, where he is serving a 23-year sentence for rape.
The California allegations are linked to incidents said to have happened in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills from 2004 to 2013.
Weinstein was first charged in Los Angeles in January 2020 as his New York trial was getting under way.
He is appealing against his New York rape conviction.
Prosecutors in Los Angeles have 120 days to bring Weinstein to trial under the terms of the extradition agreement.
His lawyers had fought the extradition, arguing he was in poor health.
The Oscar-winning producer's ailments include diabetes, extensive coronary artery disease, anaemia, hypertension, obstructive sleep apnoea and chronic lower back pain, they said.
Weinstein had been a feared figure in Hollywood for decades when scores of women came forward in October 2017 alleging he had assaulted them.
The accusers included A-list actresses and anonymous assistants and the complaints ranged from inappropriate touching to rape.
His downfall fuelled the #MeToo movement, a sexual misconduct reckoning which spread far beyond the entertainment industry.
He continues to deny all allegations of non-consensual sex.
Latest Stories
-
Mining communities must not be left without social amenities – Sammy Gyamfi
4 minutes -
National Mining Dialogue 2026: We must remain independent in reporting on mining — GJA President
11 minutes -
Social licence must be reimagined as a development compact with the youth – Sammy Gyamfi
13 minutes -
Give indigenous landowners control to curb irresponsible mining – Dr Nana Kwao Adarkwa
21 minutes -
Interior Minister urges religious leaders to protect Ghana’s tradition of tolerance
22 minutes -
In Pictures: Dignitaries, stakeholders gather for National Mining Dialogue 2026
29 minutes -
BoG inaugurates Financial Advisory Council to drive non-interest banking in Ghana
32 minutes -
Mineral right is a privilege, not an absolute right – Minerals Commission
32 minutes -
Ablakwa seeks Russian support for Africa-led fight against Sahel extremism
44 minutes -
Host mining communities are partners in development, not obstacles – GJA President
46 minutes -
Ghana to sign 5 new petroleum agreements soon – Energy Minister
46 minutes -
GJA President urges Ghana to weigh environmental and social costs alongside mining revenues
58 minutes -
Irresponsible mining: The land is not your own – Prof Mike Oquaye cautions
1 hour -
62 Ghanaians killed, 15 missing in Russia-Ukraine war – Ablakwa
1 hour -
GJA President urges responsible, sustainable mining
1 hour