A 57-year-old man, Gideon Tetteh, has been arrested by officers at the Awutu Ofankor District Police Command for allegedly murdering his wife after having sex with her.
The unfortunate incident happened at Awutu Mankomeda in the Awutu Senya West District in the Central Region.
According to information, the deceased, Sabina Bonney, told her husband to use a condom for the sexual encounter to avoid pregnancy because they already have five children.
Reports say the man insisted on having sex unprotected.
The tension between the couple escalated, leading to the death of Sabina.
Speaking to Adom News, brother of the deceased, Isaac Aidoo stated that the neighbors of the couple did not know about the incident until the children of the deceased informed them.
“I asked the neighbors what happened and they said they didn’t hear anything. They said the children informed them about their mum lying down lifeless,” he explained.
Her body was found tied with a rope and lying in a pool of blood.
“The police were at the scene to take the corpse to the Police Hospital morgue in Accra,” Isaac added.
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- PBC Ltd CEO, Richard Akuoko Adiyiah dead
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- The activities of Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm are illegal – John Jinapor
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- There is evidence to show some NPP top officials are into illegal mining – John Jinapor
- King Charles and late Queen will both feature on new 50p coins
- Livestream: 7th EMY Africa Awards on Joy Prime
- Patrons at Luv Fm Habitat Fair impressed with quality of event
- Count On Crops Hub equips 32 Agric Extension Officers with data collection skills
- Government fails to announce new farmgate price for cocoa despite start of season
- 2023 CHAN: Black Galaxies face Morocco, Madagascar and Sudan in Group C
- Fight against galamsey must be above partisan politics – Samuel Jinapor
- Customers can purchase electricity credits from Oct. 2 – ECG
- Arsenal beat Tottenham to go four points clear
- Aubameyang scores as Potter gets first Chelsea win
- Faisal Chibsah: From starting coaching career as volunteer to heading FIFA High-Performance specialist role for Africa
- Genser deal: We’re developing a Trojan horse to cannibalise all state enterprises in the energy sector – Ben Boakye
- Policymakers must ensure Ghana does not return to current economic situation – Dr. Twumasi-Baffuor
- Let the public know your innovations – Dr. Addo Kufuor charges tertiary institutions
- Over 1000 shops flooded at Kumasi Central Market; traders blame Contracta for the mess
- Orange Corners Ghana celebrates graduation of 45 entrepreneurs